+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70 120 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1709

Thread: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Thanks
    I saw Electric Children, really liked it! Although I was a bit disappointed they never really concluded how she got pregnant.

Thanks
    I think that reveal might have been a bit too heavy, especially with such an idyllic ending. It was sort of implied that it was the leader of their religious compound, I think that was enough for me. Although I didn't like that Mr. Will went back in the end.

Saw "Violet & Daisy", really enjoyed that. Teenage assassins doing 'one last job' in order to get money for a fancy dress was a hilarious concept. I loved the surrealism in having them play paddy cakes and ride a tricycle after shooting up a gang of drug dealers. It was a fun watch. And James Gandolfini

Thanks
    I watched "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" earlier this year and I absolutely fell in love with it. I have never read the book, but the movie really resonated with me. I had been wanting to watch it again for a while, so I watched the other night, and fell in love all over again. I was so emotionally effected that I decided to watch it again the very next night! I haven't watched a movie so frequently since I was a little kid and used to watch Marry Poppins and The Wizard Of Oz on repeat all day long.

I have never seen a movie that so accurately depicted the high school experience. I felt such a strong connect to the characters, and specifically to Charlie. I have thankfully never been through the kind of trauma that character has in my life, but even still, there were times when it felt like I was watching a movie about my life! I was so shy in high school, I actually still am, but there were so many times throughout the movie that I could relate to so deeply to what was happening. Specifically, Charlie's relationship with his first girlfriend almost exactly mirrored my experience with my first girlfriend, and although mine ended in a much less embarrassing way, it was still just as messy, and triggered a series of disastrous social devastation's, similar to in the movie.

There are some stellar performances by all the main cast, and some surprising cameo roles as well. I wish Joan Cusack was my Doctor! And if I ever had a teacher like Paul Rudd in high school, I might have actually been bothered to try for better grades!

Thanks
    I just signed up on Netflix and have been watching a bunch of films. The Breakfast Club is one I've wanted to see for ages. Watched Fried Green Tomatoes the other day as well which I really liked.

Thanks
    I love "The Breakfast Club"! Although I have always preferred "Sixteen Candles" personally LOL Never seen "Fried Green Tomatoes", but I have wanted to ever since it was referenced in an episode of the Simpsons back in my childhood haha

Just watched "Gravity" the other night! SO good. I was holding my breath for almost the entire movie! So riveting, so visually stunning, and Sandra Bullock was amazing, she deserves another Oscar for this.

Thanks
    I'm just now seeing this! My boyfriend let me make a profile on his Netflix account a couple weeks ago and it's so awesome. The Breakfast Club and 16 Candles are both so good! I haven't seen Gravity yet, I feel like it might freak me out...

I watched Heathers on Netflix last week... such a weird movie but I love all those 80's flicks haha. Also not necessarily a movie, but I finally watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog in a media class the other day and really enjoyed how odd that was.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I am a big sucker for 80's movies (and music), "Heathers" is a good one, more twisted then most 80's teen comedies, but lots of fun! I have heard a lot about Dr. Horribles Sing Along Blog before, my sister is always trying to get me to watch it, but i've still never got around to it yet.

I recently watched "Her" and it was just SO great! I'm glad its nominated for an oscar, even if it probably doesn't have a chance of winning, but i loved it so much. A story about a guy falling in love with an artificially intelligent operating system could have been completely stupid and silly, but they somehow managed to make it so endearing and heartfelt and it actually seemed completely realistic lol. I usually don't care for Scarlett Johansson but i loved her in this, even though it was only her voice.

Thanks
    For the first time ever, I have officially watch ALL the Oscar nominated movies before the Oscars!

Here is my official ranking:

1. Gravity
    2. Her.
    3. The Wolf Of Wall Street
    4. American Hustle
    5. Nebraska
    6. 12 Years A Slave
    7. Philomena
    8. Dallas Buyers Club
    9. Captain Philips

"Gravity" was just amazing, and so was "Her". I loved them both so completely, but sadly I don't think they have a chance. "The Wolf Of Wall Street" was a real whirlwind. It was so long, but the pace never dropped, so it never felt like it was dragging on, and its about damn time Leonardo DiCaprio got an Oscar! "Nebraska" was a complete surprise, I did not expect to like it as much as I did, and I was debating whether or not it should be #4 instead of #5. "American Hustle" was good, but it takes a while to find its footing, the first 30-40 minutes are pretty messy. I think its been a bit overrated, but it was the most overtly "Oscar bait" type film this year, so thats probably why. Jennifer Lawrence stole the show though, and I think she is really the only member of the cast who truly deserves to win.

"12 Years A Slave" is probably going to win Best Picture, and it was good, but not without flaws. Steve McQueen seems to have trouble with character development in his movies, although that somehow works this time. But for all the hype Lupita Nyong'o has been getting, I don't really think her performance was all that great. I think people are praising her more because her character is so horribly mistreated in the film so they really feel bad for her, but beyond that, her acting wasn't really screaming "Oscar worthy" to me.

The rest were good, but nothing to write home about. I thought "Trance", "Prisoners", "Before Midnight", "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" and "The Butler" were more deserving of nominations then the last 3.

Thanks
    I've actually seen quite a few of them which is unusual for me! "12 Years A Slave" won the Best Film BAFTA. I liked it but I do agree on the actress, I'm sure there are more worthy performances. Cate Blanchett won Best Actress for "Blue Jasmine" which I was pleased about, I hope she wins the Oscar too, totally deserved! She's definitely one of my favourite actresses.

Thanks
    I haven't seen ANY of the movies with big nominations, whoops! Going to the movies is just so expensive and I never think to try to torrent things anywhere. Oh well! I do want to try to see a couple this weekend.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

+ Reply to Thread