+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 171 FirstFirst ... 64 114 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1709

Thread: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Thanks
    Love Happens
    Its complicated
    Serious Moonlight
    The Lake House

Thanks
    Stand By Me

Thanks
    Valentine's Day

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ^^
    I kind of agree. I saw 'Franklyn' back in the summer, and i was really excited for it after reading about it online, but when i watched it, i was kind of like "...Oh.....I see". I'm not gonna say i didn't like, although i do tend to overrate movies sometimes, but it was kind of like i was watching 2 movies that had been cut an pasted together. The connections between the story lines didn't become obvious until half way though, so i when it would switch over i would be completely lost. And then the end was like...anyone could have thought of that.
    Spoiler:
    The plot description made it sound like alternate realities or something, not just some crazy guy.

Fantastic Mr. Fox
    I saw this with my friends for my birthday. I was a tad worry it was gonna be a kids movie, not that i have a problem with kids movies, but i had higher hopes for this movie. Thankfully they were met. I totally loved it! It had sort of an indie movie feeling, and as an artist i was really impressed with the whole style and direction, and the creation of the characters.

The best part for me was when the wolf raises his fist! I died.
    Yea, I just thought it seemed so sloppily put together and as you said, the end was nothing special at all- it just seemed like a total cop-out! And again, as you said, the trailers did make it out to be something that it wasn't...at ALL haha. I thought the connections in the movie would be more 'Crash'-like and not just....totally useless haha.

And of course 'Fantastic Mr. Fox' was, well...fantastic <3 Then again, I'll eat up anything Wes Anderson does

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Stand By Me
    OMG I absolutely LOVE that movie <3

This past week I've seen:

'Up In The Air' &#183; For the second time
    'The Goonies' &#183; I had never seen it before and went in with really high expectations. Its was cute, nothing more, really. I can see myself loving it as a kid but now....it was just another cute kids movie lol.
    'Se7en' &#183; It's always been one of my, if not MY FAVOURITE thriller EVER. Seriously its just so epic! The bad guy (wont say who so as not to ruin it for anyone) is easily one of my favourite movie villains as well <3
    - D A V E -

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Daisy (02-15-2010)

Thanks
    Went and saw When in Rome today <3 <3 I thought it was a very good Rom Com.

Thanks
    The Brothers Bloom

It was alright, i wasn't too fussed over it though.

What got me excited more then the movie itself, was the reoccurrence of my ever illusive psychic abilities lmao. I was totally in the mood to watch "Brick", one of my favorite films, but unfortunately i do not have it with me on my laptop, so i was gutted. I had been looking at what was on the movie network on demand before and the only thing that caught m eye was "The Brothers Bloom". I gave it another look and decided that was the only movie i had any interest in seeing. So i decided to IMDb it and much to my surprise, i discovered that it just so happened to be directed by the same man that directed "Brick"!

Thats right, CAAAAAAALL MEH NOOOW 4 YO FREE PSYCHIC READIN'!

Thanks
    Last night I finally got around to watching:

'Ink' Again, one of those movies I wasn't quite sure what to make of. Which is a real shame because I had been DYING to see it. Most reviews said that the story itself was fantastic but the effects fell really flat (considering JUST HOW indie the movie was on a budget scale)...but I actually thought they did really well with the effects especially in comparison to their low budget! The storyline itself was intriguing but it seemed to have this tone of something deeper and more meaningful to it simply because of their storytelling technique...when in reality they just sorta wanted to add a fantasy element to it to make it pan out into a full length movie instead of some short film. I mean some aspects of the movie were really well done and some sequences were really effective but as a whole movie it was just kind 'Meh'.
    - D A V E -

Lansing, Michigan, United States, 1.06102649422E+14, Lansing, Michigan
    Thanks
    Almost Heros - classic Chris Farley and available for streaming on Netflix

Thanks
    Las night I went and saw:

'Legion' It really was NOT a good movie haha. The only thing that really made up for it were some pretty badass action sequences! However, in general it had a weak script, a completely underdeveloped story (the central aspect is never even explored...it just kind of...is) and the acting was sub-par. I'll hand it to them, the angle they took was a very interesting one but I just feel like they didn't manage to fully develop it. It really goes on and on about nothing (even though its only about an hour and a half long). I WOULD, however, recommend it to anyone who wants to see a movie with some great action scenes because it really excelled in that aspect!

Spoiler:
    The battle in the diner between Michael and Gabriel was AMAZING <3
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Miss congeniality and Miss congeniality 2

+ Reply to Thread