+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 171 FirstFirst ... 59 109 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1709

Thread: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Such a fantastic film and a wonderful cast. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Allison Janney, Catherine O'Hara, Jeff Daniels, and Paul Schneider are all wonderful in it as well. And I love the guy who plays the husband in Julie & Julia who is in it too but I can't remember his name. The girl who plays Maya Rudolph's sister is lovely as well.

Really hysterical and heartfelt. I love love loved this movie.

Riiight?! It was so good, I watched it knowing little to nothing about it and the cast was such a fantastic ensemble!
    They were THE cutest couple ever <333

I just finished watching 'Mary And Max' and it was SO cute! It was a little weird seeing as it did tackle very grown-up issues that kids obviously wouldn't get, it was littered with subtle dirty innuendos hahah- but yet its an animated film. Though it was a bit off-putting, I do think it works better as an animated piece as opposed to being live-action...it added a bit of that genuine naivety. But I thought the story was very well developed (it did drag a teeny bit around the middle). Overall it was a satisfying watch! I cannot BELIEEEVE it was based on a true story <3 The music was beautiful and there were some great quotes there, too

I'm gonna spoiler tag them for the sake of it, though it doesn't give anything away...

Spoiler:
    Max: Unfortunately, in America, babies are not found in Cola cans. I asked my mother when I was four and she said they came from eggs...laid by Rabbis. If you aren't Jewish...they're laid by Catholic nuns. If you're an Atheist...they're laid by dirty, lonely prostitutes.

Max: I think I have a solution to your teasing: tell Bernie Clifford your birthmark is made of chocolate. Which means when you get to heaven, you will be in charge of all the chocolate. This if course, is a lie, I do not like lies but in this case I think it would be of benefit. I wish I could be in charge of all the chocolate but of course, I cannot; because of my Atheism.
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Watched The Proposal, which was alright typical chick flick but I enjoyed it! Love Ryan Renyolds!

Then I watched My Sisters Keeper. I cried BASICALLY the whole movie. Probably cause I read the book haha I didn't really like the movie though

Thanks
    'Humpday'

The synopsis sounded really interesting and it could've been a good movie but they executed it SO badly- total waste of time!

'The Nightmare Before Christmas'

Keeping my Halloween tradition <3
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    "Scream" Trilogy

I was actually pleasantly surprised by these movies. I didn't find them to be all that scary, which i suppose is a good thing for me because i don't care for horror movies. They were actually quite comical and i loved the constant references to horror movie cliches. The first film was by far the best, but the others weren't bad either, but i REALLY don't see how they are going to make Scream 4, 5 and 6 without being completely redundant. As it stands, 2 and especially 3 were already beating a dead horse. I can understand why Neve Campbell wouldn't want to return, but if she doesn't then i suppose they will have to think of a new motive for the killer, would probably be best.

Friday The 13th (Parts 1, 2 & 3)

I didn't find these scary at all either, but thats probably down to the era they were from. Its quite funny comparing old horror movies like this, to the slasher films of today which are all about blood and gore and violence. In the Friday the 13th movies (i only ended up watching the first 3. 11 is too many for one sitting lol), all the killings were virtually the same. They were very quick, which minimal bloody, and the victims barely put up a fight, most of the time just looking like "oh gosh darnit, now i'm gonna die". lol What was interesting too, is that there was no real sense of urgency from the characters, because nobody knew that anyone was being killed until there was only 1 person left alive wondering where the hell everyone had gone lmao.
    Last edited by Chris; 11-01-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    Just finished watching "Zombieland" and...I don't know why...but I freaking LOVED IT (even despite a hatred for Woody Harelson). It was so quirky with the storyline, then it was so badass with its action sequences and then some random cliché to remind you its all somewhat of a satire. Hahah I dunno, I liked it
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Dave, I saw the end of Mary and Max when we had a preview at work and even though I hadn't seen the film it made me cry! It looked good but we never had it back so I didn't get to see it

I just saw An Education, cried at this too, lol. It was very well acted, nothing ground breaking but very enjoyable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Dave, I saw the end of Mary and Max when we had a preview at work and even though I hadn't seen the film it made me cry! It looked good but we never had it back so I didn't get to see it
    Omg you need to watch the whole thing! It's cute, its heartwarming, its hysterical, its hard-hitting, its weird- its just so many things wrapped in one perfect little stop-motion film <3

I saw "Jennifer's Body" earlier and uhm....
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Daytrippers

Love me some Parker Posey

Thanks
    New York, I Love You

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    New York, I Love You
    Oooh how was it?! I'm dying to see it, especially Natalie's short

I the past few days I've seen:

'9' · Not as epic as anything else Tim Burton has been involved with but I thought it was enjoyable nonetheless!

'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' · I thought it was SO cute, really nicely done- not pretentious, just flat out cute!

And Im halfway through 'Adventureland' · Its okay, nothing out of this world, a little tedious, not gonna lie, but its watchable! I guess the abundance of KStew turns me off!
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread