+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slow User CP???

Thanks

Slow User CP???

Whenever I click on User CP and it goes to the main page with all of the karma and repuatation stuff, it takes a long time and my internet freezes up for a split second and then it shows up and after that it's fine.

Is it just because it's such a long page with so much on it or is there something wrong with my laptop? Does anyone else encounter this?

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Yeah, the same thing happens to me. It drives me crazy, haha. I don't know why it happens though.

Thanks
    Yea, it happens to me everytime I check it as well! Hehe since its happened I try to chek my User CP as little as possible :-X
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Pretty sure it's because it now shows a lot more of your 'thank yous' which is why it slows down.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-24-2007)

Thanks
    Haha I knew this thread was coming eventually. its definately because of the thanks, its a massive amount of things to show on one page, but I personally don't mind waiting the extra 3 or 4 seconds.

Are you on dial up Gretch?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleve For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-24-2007)

Thanks
    Yep same thing happens to me! Sometimes the page goes totally white too but it works eventually.

Thanks
    it happens to me too when I let it load, but I usually click the "stop" button, before it loads completely, so I don't have this problem anymore ..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
    Are you on dial up Gretch?
    Haha sorry for not replying to this sooner, I forgot I made this thread right before I went to soccer camp.

But no, I don't have dial-up. I have Comcast Digital Cable and it's usually super-fast.

Also recently whenever I try to edit posts that little circle thing with the lights twirling around sits there and spins forever (I've let it sit there about 15 minutes at the most) and it never fixes my post, so I usually give up. Does that happen to anyone else?

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    When I was using IE and clicked on my User CP, it simply didn't show that page and went to the main page instead, everytime. Now that I'm using Firefox (*Scott grins*) it shows the side bar (on the left) but no info in the middle, just a blank space. Weirrrrrrd. Someone knows why that might be? I can't check my User CP since ages ago!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    Haha sorry for not replying to this sooner, I forgot I made this thread right before I went to soccer camp.

But no, I don't have dial-up. I have Comcast Digital Cable and it's usually super-fast.

Also recently whenever I try to edit posts that little circle thing with the lights twirling around sits there and spins forever (I've let it sit there about 15 minutes at the most) and it never fixes my post, so I usually give up. Does that happen to anyone else?
    YES! Bloomin' heck I though that was just me. Sometimes it just happens with a normal quick reply and then I just go to advanced post and it works then. With the editing thing I just copy and refresh normally but yeah it can be really annoying.

+ Reply to Thread