+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonette!

Thanks
    Random, but I just have to profess my love for 'You Please Me'...its SO prettyful! The chorus is love <3 Its so bittersweet!
    - D A V E -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Brett (03-24-2008)

Thanks
    ^Ugh I know exactly what you mean. You Please Me is so fabulous! I loved it live too because they were all doing a different part of the chorus towards the end - it was so climactic!

Here's what Martina was wearing:

And look at my AWESOME shirt that I got!

Make me your Freshie Idol!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Chris (03-27-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
    ^I kind of wish they would get dropped so that fa better label could pick them up!! Mercury is doing a lousy job of promoting them.
    i agree, partially.

Mercury is doing a shitty job with them.
    Mercury UK are notorious for snatching up trendy bands, giving them a single or 2, poorly promoting them, and then dropping them, usually before the album hits shelves. But the fact that Mercury released Galore, even with no single to promote it, and now, months and months later still have not dropped them, and are releasing another single so long after the album...something any other far better label would never do, is quite interesting.

I definitely think they'd be much better off with another label, but for now i'd rather they have any label then none at all. Its just so stressful always wondering whether or not they are teetering on the edge of dropsville.

I hope they've realized now that even with the limited success they've had, they are doing far better in Canada then they did in the UK. The whole reason they came out in the UK first is because they thought their style was better suited for there, and that Canada wouldn't be as receptive to it. But it ended up being the other way around...probably due to Mercury's bad promo, yes, but i think they need to build themselves up in Canada first, and let other territories catch on as they grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
    Then at the very very very end, after they closed with I Get Around and played Get Lucky () as the first encore they played this other song I didn't know, but I didn't know if it was a cover or something...it started with her saying something about how you treat a woman and then the end of the chorus she yelled SET ME FREEEEE-OWWW. And it was rockin.
    At their shows eariler in the year they played a song called "Woman", maybe thats it. theres a video of it on youtube, and she seems to be singing "Set Me Free"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnhO_DDb0fs
    Last edited by Chris; 03-27-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks
    heres a new interview with Martina...shes so cute...and she talks excitedly about the new video, although she doesn't say what song its for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4uxZ7UKnWQ
    Last edited by Chris; 03-27-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    Ooh I'm so excited to hear they've done a new video! Especially to hear it's a fun sexy video haha. I love Martina. She's so sweet. I really really hope they get the attention they deserve.

Do you think they have any chance of winning the Juno for Best New Group? I think Faber Drive will probably win, but still - it's really exciting that they are nominated and REALLY exciting that I Get Around is featured on the Juno Nominees album. I wish they were performing at the show too.

I also wish I knew the words to Big Sunglasses. I've had the tune stuck in my head constantly for the past week so I've had to make up my own words to the chorus haha. I've been singing:

I'm going up now - bout 5 feet up and
    it won't be long till I reach the top and
    I'm gonna make songs to please the masses
    All the while wearing big sunglasses.

Hahaha. I love it. When and where are you seeing them Chris?! Are you so excited?

Thanks
    ^those lyrics work for me lol. I keep watching the youtube videos of it, dieing for a studio version!

i'm seeing them in toronto at the Phoenix next thursday. i'm sooo excited its beyond words. I've been like planning out my outfit for weeks and everything lmao. I was going to attempt to record the whole show, however i'd like to actually see the show lol. But i'm definitely going to record the new songs.

Thanks
    All the videos I took are too rumbly to really understand the lyrics or hear the songs very well. My camera wasn't really made for that I don't think and I was also probably a bit close to the front so it was just too loud. Good luck recording stuff though! I'd love to see some videos so feel free to post any videos you take.

The only thing about recording the whole show is then you don't really get to just sit back and enjoy the energy and the crowd and the music. I always find whenever I get my camera out I'm too worried about angles and peoples heads in the way and all that to enjoy myself so I like to just take a few pictures and then put my camera away for the rest of the show. It is nice that they're not worried about cameras at all. Martina also likes to pose a bit if she sees you've got your camera pointed at her haha.

Omg you're going to have so much fun. I bet their Toronto show is completely awesome since it's their home and probably where most of their fanbase is.

Ahhh I want to see them again haha.

Thanks
    GOD Martina is so fucking hot, although I prefer her with longer hair. Oh, and her speaking voice kind of grates on my nerves.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Brett (03-29-2008)

Thanks
    ^SO HOT.

I don't even know what it is, she's just so sexy. How she moves and how she sings mostly is what I love. She's very straightforward and up front about how she feels and isn't afraid to be honest about her sexuality. I just love it. Sometimes I got jealous during the concert when she would go over to Dan (her husband) and flirt with him. Haha.

PS have you decided whether or not you're going to take the trip to TO to see them or not? I think you should...I'll totally pay for your ticket.

Thanks
    a message to a fan from Dan about the video:

hey johann
    the last video thing we did was not for competition, but for something else which we'll be telling everyone about once we see how it turned out!
    the video for competition is in the works... we are trying to figure out where/when to do it in the midst of our packed schedule.
    dan
    interesting.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-29-2008 at 10:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread