+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonette!

Thanks
    I'm so glad the album is finally properly released! I love the pink and glossiness of the album booklet.

Anyone know if there will be more singles, though?

Thanks to Dave for the hot blend!

Thanks
    at this point, its unsure if there will be more singles. the fact that the album release date was pushed up so much, and without anew single to promote it make it appear as though the label is just releaseing it so they can wash there hands of the band and move on.

burn in hell Mercuy UK! I never wanted to admit it but i knew from the start that Dragonette were damned, as soon as i saw they'd signed to mercury.

Thanks
    does that mean no more Dragonette? no new album? that sucks. :'(

Thanks
    THE CONCERT LAST NIGHT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

And there were 3 bands and Dragonette was 2nd and everyone left after them haha, so I feel like most people were there to see them. I was right up at the front and I got some videos (the sound is really awful though - mostly you can only hear me singing haha) and the show was so awesome!!

They did a few really really cool things. In the middle of "Marvellous" it randomly went into INXS's "Need You Tonight" which they did a verse and a chorus of before going back into Marvellous.

Then during "I Get Around" right after the part where she goes "I say yeah, say yeah, say YOOOOOWWWWWWW" the beat switched and she went right into "I like those white boys, I like those asian boys" for a verse before going back into I Get Around. So much fun!!

Weird, but my favourite part of the whole show was when Martina got her mic cord stuck on the end of Will's guitar in the middle of Black Limousine, and she pulled it off and his guitar hit her in the face hahaha. She stopped singing for a minute to yell at him lol.

Setlist (from what I remember

Shock Box
    Jesus Doesn't Love Me
    Competition
    Take It Like A Man
    True Believer
    Big Sunglasses
    Marvellous/Need You Tonight
    Gold Rush
    Black Limousine
    I Get Around/The Boys

I think? There might have been one more but I can't remember. I was just so excited all night. They were really amazing. I'll post videos soon!

Here is the picture of me and my friends with Martina! I told her that I want to be her and she was like "I am going to give you some tips - first of all, you need to work on this" and she put her hands on my chest as if to say I need bigger boobs lol. It was hysterical.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Maury (11-24-2007)

Thanks
    omg Brett! that sounds awesome!

You look very hot and so does Martina, she always looks gorgeous.

Glad you had fun

Thanks
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Dragonette opened their new headlining MATING SEASON tour in Vancouver last night and again I was right up at the front. Martina has short boyish hair and it's soooo cute

They did a longer set and the crowd was amazing. There was one part during Take It Like A Man where everyone in the audience was singing so loud that Martina just held the mic out to the audience and let us sing it. At the end they all kind of had a moment of thankfulness and just being excited that people are really starting to know and love their music. It was really special. At the end of the show the crowd was so loud and cheering and stomping so they came out and did 2 more songs!!! Martina said it was only the 4th time that they've EVER done an encore.

Anyway, I thought you guys would like to know about some of their new songs!

Again, they performed Big Sunglasses but they did 3 other new songs!

One of them was called "Get Your Titties Off My Things" I think. Or maybe off my face? Hahaha. It was really funny. They got past the first chorus and then something was off and Martina was like "I don't know what's going on here guys...can we stop?" so they started it again and it was super fab. "Don't touch my things - get off my things." Something like that. Haha it was funny.

"Let Your Love In" (I think that was the title) was one they played closer to the end and it was really good too (obviously.) I can't remember the words exactly but the last part of the chorus was like:

And you walk in with that stupid grin
    And I just let your love in.

Hot.

Then at the very very very end, after they closed with I Get Around and played Get Lucky () as the first encore they played this other song I didn't know, but I didn't know if it was a cover or something...it started with her saying something about how you treat a woman and then the end of the chorus she yelled SET ME FREEEEE-OWWW. And it was rockin.

So yeah, they played You Please Me and Get Lucky which I was excited about because they ddin't play either at the last concert. Here's the setlist from what I remember:

Jesus Doesn't Love Me
    Shock Box
    Get Your Titties Off My Things
    True Believer
    Competition
    Take It Like A Man
    You Please Me
    Gold Rush (she sang the whole outro at the end too )
    Big Sunglasses
    Marvellous
    Black Limousine
    Let Your Love In
    I Get Around

Encore:
    Get Lucky
    Set Me Free

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Chris (03-22-2008)

Thanks
    omg! i'm soooooo excited!!!!! I'm seeing them in April. I can't wait for all the new songs!!!

I've heard rumblings that there was a casting call sent out for a new Dragonette music video! They didn't say was song, but its most likely for "Competition". I'm not sure on the details...but can i just say FINALLY!

And some more good news, straight from Dan: despite many rumors, it turns out dragonette have not been dropped by Mercury. Seems it was all a string of viscous lies that no one thought to correct until now lol.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks
    ^I kind of wish they would get dropped so that fa better label could pick them up!! Mercury is doing a lousy job of promoting them.

You will absolutely LOVE the show. They are fabulous live. The music and their energy and their love for what they're doing

Thanks
    I've taken a liking to some of their songs and can imagine them being really great live, so I kind of want to go to their show. But obviously they're performing in Montreal and Toronto and fucking LONDON, HAMILTON, AND PETERBOROUGH (honestly can't people in Hamilton and PB just drive to Toronto?) but completely skipping over the capital.

No one loves Ottawa .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Brett (03-24-2008)

Thanks
    ^I'm glad to hear that Samio!! And they're totally fabulous live. If you have the opportunity (and the time) to see them, I would totally recommend it. They're really energetic and infectious. Martina is a total sweetheart but a total sex-bomb at the same time - it's amazing.

And if the same band is opening (Sweet Thing I think is what they were called) you're in for another total treat. They were totally awesome. I loved all their music even though I didn't know any of it. The lead singer had a tambourine!! What more do I need to say?

+ Reply to Thread