+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonette!

Thanks

Dragonette!

I'm in love with Dragonette right now! I've listened to Galore non-stop this weekend, and I just can't get enough. Don't worry, though, I've pre-ordered it as well. I think they might be my new favorite band!

Favorite tracks: I Get Around, True Believer, Jesus Doesn't Love Me, Marvellous, Competition, Take It Like A Man... basically the whole album.

I heard IGA didn't do very well in the UK, though. They truly deserve to be one of the biggest bands this year, they are amazing!

Thanks to Dave for the hot blend!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Chris (05-20-2007), Maury (05-20-2007), Nico (05-28-2007)

Thanks
    heck yes! lol

i didn't want to post their album when it leaked, because i want people to buy it! lol...i'm glad you are. They are amazing.

Thanks
    Seriously, one of the best bands ever! i love their music to death.

So i tip-toe out of this mess, as I slip back into last night's dress
    Put a little lipstick on my mouth and blow a little kiss you from the doorway.

Take the elevator back down out of this place

hehe i think that's what she says, i know is not all right, but I looooooooove the song and the band.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    heck yes! lol

i didn't want to post their album when it leaked, because i want people to buy it! lol...i'm glad you are. They are amazing.
    I've pre-ordered it through HMV.co.uk. They're promising signed copies of the album whilst stock lasts. *crosses fingers*

I think I might have to stop listening to them for a while, though. I don't want to grow tired of them before the album is released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Chris (05-20-2007)

Thanks
    I really really like them. Their album leaked?? Where?!?!

Thanks
    Bump! lol

i just thought i would let you all know that "Galore", after being pushed back to October has now been brought foward for a September release in the UK. The Canadian release is still expected for October 22 though.

and some single news...it seemed as though they had settled on "Competition" as the third single, however i'm now hearing they have decided to release "True Believer" (the originally planned 4th single) instead, and are scheduled to film the video in september.

Will they ever release jesus doesn't love me? I heard they were concidering using it as the lead single for the Canadian release, but who knows. They are constantly pushing it aside.

Thanks
    I think a slower song is the way to go. They've already released two up-tempo tracks without any success, so it's only logical they release something a little different I guess.

Yay for the September release!

Thanks
    Can't wait to get the album. And their videos are always amusing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I think a slower song is the way to go. They've already released two up-tempo tracks without any success, so it's only logical they release something a little different I guess.

Yay for the September release!
    I think TB is a great way to go. Its got a scissor sisters-esque style...so hopefully that will work to their advantage. The main reason why the first 2 singles bombed though, is because radio stations wouldn't play the songs and tv stations wouldn't play the videos. I love their overtly sexual selling point, but unfortunately its not going over very well for them.

Thanks
    Ok so I was at HMV the other day with one of my friends and he was in desperate need of new music, and I saw 'Galore' on display for 9 dollars haha and I was like "ooh, some people on my forum LOVE Dragonette" so we bought the album.

We listened to it all the way through and we LOVED it. It was so funny because we would love all the beginnings of the songs and then get bored, until "True Believer." I EFFING LOVE THAT SONG!!! It is so fabulous. Then the next two songs went by and I was like "I want something down and dirty now" and wow, whoever put the album in order knows exactly what I like. "Jesus Doesn't Love Me" is one of the hottest songs I've ever heard in my entire life. I absolutely adore it.

Paying for my company.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Maury (10-04-2007)

+ Reply to Thread