+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: General Britney discussion thread

Thanks
    An unreleased song from the Femme Fatale sessions just leaked! Its called "Unbroken" and its produced by Frasier T Smith (Trouble For Me).

http://unbrokeney.tumblr.com/post/76...fatale-proyect

Its pretty good! It sounds a bit dated, but its an interesting sound for her.

Thanks
    I like it during the first listen, don't looooove it. I just generally don't love songs where her voice is so completely distorted.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    https://soundcloud.com/remixedbynick...nger-acoustic?

New Passenger remix featuring Sia. Its no secret that I am not a fan of this song, but I like this mix.

According to the people who made the remix, Britney only sings the two verses on Passenger and nothing else. Allegedly the chorus and Middle 8 of the album version are all sung by Mayah Marie, with additional backing vocals from Sia. They claim that is the reason Sia is featured so prominently on the remix, because they didn't want to use Mayah's vocals.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if it is, its very disheartening, and sort of underscores the reasons why i disliked Passenger to begin with. Its been well documented that this Mayah Marie girl can make her voice sound suspiciously similar to Britneys, and she was involved in the Britney Jean sessions as a backing vocalist and co-writer. There were a lot of conspiracy theories at the time of the album release, claiming that Britney wasn't singing portions of certain songs, and now these remixers are sort of confirming those theories.

Thanks
    Whaaaaat? That's weird and disappointing. I love Passenger. I like this remix a lot, it's so nice to hear her voice with more stripped down production... really not sure when the last time we've heard a song with her on it with so few bells and whistles. I mean listening to this, it pretty obviously sounds like her singing the first two verses. At no other point was I fooled into thinking that it was someone other than Britney singing the end. I think I will refrain from listening to the album version and thinking about that for fear of it being ruined for me

Thanks
    The remixers have said they are going to do a version of the acoustic mix that reinstates Myah Marie's vocals on the chorus/middle 8, as a comparison.

I want to believe that Britney/her team wouldn't be so categorically lazy and brazen enough to use a sound alike to fill in places where Britney for any reason could not or would not contribute her own vocals, but the way everything has gone with this era, its beginning to feel like they have no regard for anything other then a pay check at this point.

Here is a Myah Marie song to demonstrate her vocal similarities to Britney. She doesn't sound exactly like her, and some of her songs don't sound anything like Britney, but she seems to be able to get her voice into a very Britney-esque register, and i'm sure a bit of studio trickery could give it en extra push. I would be lying if I said there weren't a moment or two on the album where I was skeptical of the vocals (particularly the second verse of Body Ache), but I chalked it up to bad vocal production, which is one of Britney Jeans biggest flaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbiG2LcmR2Y

Thanks
    This is an absolute joke if true! This is what has really put me off being a fan in the last few years, her team just don't care! As long as they're fleecing as much cash out of people as they can then they're happy (as Larry).

Thanks
    Gretch, have you listened to Jamie Lynn's stuff yet? I love Shotgun Wedding! I love how honest she is. I'm not usually a country listener but I think I'm going to like this album.

Thanks
    Yes! A lot of it is really really great and I hope that people give her a chance. I've only heard her first single on any satellite radio stations once or twice, and never on any of the terrestrial stations I listen to. She's actually super talented and going about everything in all the right ways, so I hope something goes right for her! Unfortunately all of her shows so far have been in the south or midwest, nothing even remotely near where I live.

Thanks
    I didn't realise there's only 5 songs in total, a good way to start though I suppose. I really like Run as well. I'm downloading now Pleased it's available here, I wasn't sure if it would be.

Another random Britney related thing, I was doing a dance work out yesterday and Britney's old dancer Tania from the BOMT days was in it!

Thanks
    Yeah it's just an EP, hopefully this will garner interest and she will release a full-length album and get on a tour sometime soon. She's doing a lot of solo shows scattered around right now, but she really needs to get some radio airplay and get on a tour opening for some bigger names if she wants to make it! I don't think she has a record deal with a major label right now either.

I forgot about Tania! Wow blast from the past.

+ Reply to Thread