+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: General Britney discussion thread

Thanks
    Oh my gosh. Seriously about the packaging? SERIOUSLY?!?! I intern at a small management company for artists nowhere NEAR Britney's level of fame and the amount of proof-reading and the number of eyes that have to look over EVERY LITTLE THING we post or send out to the public... can't even believe something like that would get by people working for someone like Britney.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Being a graphic designer, there are so many iterations and revisions my projects go through, everything has to be 110% before I can even submit it to my clients to review, so the fact that a typo on the back track list made it past everyone that needed to approve it AFTER the designer was finished is whats most baffling. I would have to guess that the track list probably wasn't finalized until last minute, so they probably just typed it in hastily and sent it to print! The backside of the album looks so incredibly basic in comparison to the rest of the artwork design, it was probably the last thing to be done.

Thanks
    It does look really amateur, the font is terrible. What do we think of the deluxe tracks? I really like Hold On Tight. Now That I Found You is a bit nuts! I feel like I'm in some kind of 90s computer game, Cotton Eyed Joe crazy town.

Thanks
    "Hold On Tight" is pretty much the best thing on the album. Its exactly the kind of song I had hoped for from a 'personal' Britney album, its such a gorgeous track, beautiful lyrics, and production that actually lives up to them. All 3 bonus tracks are among the best songs on the album. "Brightest Morning Star" is such a pleasant surprise and "Now That I Found You" is maybe the most intriguing song on the entire album.

Thanks
    Yeah I really can't believe they're bonus tracks compared to the rest of the album. Maybe to sell more haha? I have been so busy I still haven't had as much time as I would like to really listen a lot and get to know all of the songs. I think this week will be the week.

Thanks
    Perfume video!

Its cute, and she looks much more relaxed then she tends to in her recent videos. Its a shame they cut out the scenes where Britney has a gun though, I was interested to see what that was all about.

Thanks
    I hadn't heard about that! Would've been a more interesting video! I quite like it though, pretty simple but then the song is quite chilled.

Thanks
    I'm not a huuuuuge fan of the video honestly. I don't like that it jumps around so much. But I still really really love the song. I haven't heard it on the radio yet but I don't listen to many Top 40 stations in Nashville... will be back in Boston next week so hopefully I will hear it then.

Thanks
    The album only reached no.34 here with pathetic sales! All here albums have been top 10 here before, except In The Zone (which I blame MATM for) which peaked at 13. Why is this do you think? Would a performance have helped? I don't think we can entirely blame promotion because she has been around. And she's done very little promo here if any for the last 3 albums and they still made top 5.

Thanks
    I think its probably a combination of different factors. There has been a very blatant lack of promo, so I'm sure that definitely must be a contributing factor, but I think the publics perception of Britney is turning a bit. She was the girl everyone loved to hate back when she had her breakdown, but after the 'comeback' with Circus, it was like she could suddenly do no wrong, and everyone loved her again like they did when she first started out. I think that resurgence in her popularity was in part because people were happy to see her out of her dark place, but probably because a lot of people were excited to see if she would crack.

Now I think people are kind of getting over that. She's been 'back' for a while now, she is not up to any crazy antics anymore, she's not really up to much of anything anymore, and a lot of people actually perceive her as being boring. She refuses to acknowledge her darker days, which is completely her choice, but that unfortunately doesn't play well with a lot of people who want her to get down to the nitty gritty stuff. Combine that with the lack of promo, her discomfort, disinterest and sometimes distain while doing the handful of interviews she has, and the fact that there are a lot of female popstars these days who have far more interesting public identities, and who are doing the whole 'popstar' schtick better then Britney does now.

Her/her team/her label, seem to either be still trying to ride the 2008 gravy train where anything that had the name Britney Spears on it would be an instant smash, or they just genuinely don't give a shit about sales anymore. The album itself was probably something they felt they needed to do to give more justification to the Vegas show, but it also closes out her current contract with RCA, so thats something to think about.

+ Reply to Thread