+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat

Thanks
    Yeah projection is putting the films on, originally that's all I did but sadly it's a dying trade so there aren't enough hours for me There's only 4 of us who do that, 3 of us only do one day a week. The bar is like an actual bar, it's quite small, just off the side of the cinema but people can have a drink before or after a film. It's just constant on the go, whereas the other areas are more relaxed.

Thanks
    That is really cool there is an actual bar, I wish we had that out here LOL. But I'm still sorry you got stuck on that shift =(

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IStillLoveJ&B
    Jonny, have you worked anywhere before?
    Nope, so I had to lie about any prior experience. lol

At least if you get it, it could be fun to try out for a while, and if you can't stand it then it'll be no great loss.
    Yeah, I could try it and then quit if I don't like it. The concept just seems difficult and kind of awkward. I don't know if I would be good at remembering people or trying to advise them on what to wear. I mean, I know what looks good and can give opinions. I just don't know how to randomly grab clothing and give it to someone. I don't wanna seem pushy or try to sell to a customer that doesn't have a lot of money.

Thanks
    Oh Jonny, I definitely don't blame you. I was 18 when I was looking for my first job and the lady at Wendy's said where have you worked before? I said I haven't and she said we can't hire you without experience and I said well I can't get experience if no one will hire me. I didn't want to work with fast food anyways, so I didn't care, but it's like a vicious circle. Whatever the first job you do end up getting and accepting, I would definitely try to hang in as long as you can (even if it's a month or a couple of months) because it'll help you so much when you go to get a future job. I stayed at Walmart for a year, and even though it was just stupid Walmart, it looked great that I had the job for a year.

I know what you mean though that job does sound a little weird. If it were me I'd much prefer to just be a cashier somewhere at a clothing store or something, and not have the responsibility to interact *that much* with the customers, and have to give opinions and stuff. So I can understand you being put off by that job a little bit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Jonny (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    I know what you mean though that job does sound a little weird. If it were me I'd much prefer to just be a cashier somewhere at a clothing store or something, and not have the responsibility to interact *that much* with the customers, and have to give opinions and stuff.
    MTE. I don't really know what to do though. I can give opinions and put back clothes the customers try on, but I don't feel like having to remember every person I meet and I think people should be more than capable of picking out their own clothes. It's not a big store and it just seems easier to do things on your own. I don't really know what the job is like though, so I can't just assume. Maybe I'll try it out if they even call back and wanna hire me. I just wish that I could find something easier and so far, they're the only company that has even called me for an interview. There are other places in the outlet malls around here, but for most of them, you have to walk in and apply. The internet is easier for me though. lol IDK...maybe next week, my mom and I will walk around and look for places to apply for. I want to work at a clothing store, but like you said, I'd rather be a cashier that just rings people up and maybe helps organize the merchandise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    So true about the experience thing! I got my first job because I knew the people who owned the place. After that I just got jobs because they were employing loads of people (for Christmas periods and such) and didn't care that much.

Thanks
    Yeah getting jobs is tough! Thankfully the place where I got my first "real" job was a clothes store at a mall and they're always hiring teens with no experience. It was rough though, to go from making $10 an hour untaxed while babysitting to making like $8.50 an hour and getting taxed... but I felt like at some point I needed to get a real job that wasn't just babysitting!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Someone saved me and took over from me at 5:30pm I had to go back at 8 and stay til 1am but at least I got a break and wasn't on the bar in the evening, woop! Very busy too with it being a holiday, I have barely given Jesus a thought
    Last edited by Daisy; 04-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks
    I know how you feel Daisy, things have been pretty hectic for me lately and I feel bad I haven't stopped at all to think about the holiday, it's a lot harder and less in-my-face here at school than it used to be at home. Glad you got out of your shift early! I still can't believe there's a bar in the theater, that's awesome lol.

I wish I made more money and worked more hours, although I don't know how that would work with all the homework and stuff I've been having this semester. But being 21 is so expensive! It was two of my friends' birthdays yesterday so I did dinner/drinks with one of them, and then went to a dance-y bar later with the other one and ended up dropping so much money because you always have to buy the birthday person a drink, and I have 3 more friends turning 21 in the next couple weeks, ahh!!!! Thankfully tonight I'm going to a party at a friend's place, so I can bring my own alcohol and not spend $5 on *A* beer haha.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Lol, why does having fun have to be so expensive! Do you get any sort of funding as a student in the US? It's really good in Scotland, you get your fees paid and a student loan to live on!

Exciting thing to wake up to today, Matt Cardle mentioned me in an interview in a round about way He said “There’s a group of girls that come along with us to many of our tour dates.” That can only be me and the two others I was travelling with!! I'm pretty sure no one else went to as many as we did

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

Arti (04-08-2012), IStillLoveJ&B (04-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread