+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor

Thanks

The X Factor

First Janet, now Britney?

Less than a week after Janet Jackson sparked speculation that she may be joining The X Factor as a judge, Britney Spears is now the subject of casting buzz.

"Are we flattered that there could be interest? Yes," Simon Cowell told reporters on a conference call Wednesday, but wouldn't discuss what he thinks Spears would bring to the show as a judge. "I've learned a big lesson: keep your mouth shut. Don't give it all away."

Fellow judge L.A. Reid also played coy about the Spears rumors. "The only thing you can count on," he said, "is that we will likely have two girls." (The two newcomers would replace ousted judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.)

In addition to Spears and Jackson, Fergie's name has also been bandied about as a potential new judge.

"There is a load of speculation," added Cowell. "Some true and some not true. It's true to say there are a lot more people who have entered the frame this year and we really waited to see who was going to contact us before we actually contacted people."

"We are in that place right now, which is a good place to be. We will meet a number of people over the next few weeks."

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    I really don't think Britney would have much to offer a show like this. That might sound a bit harsh, but given how she has been in interviews lately, I can't imagine Britney doing anything more then telling everyone how cool they are, and maybe offering them some of her sweet tea.

Janet would be fantastic i think. Shes basically Paula, but with success, and more talent.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aimee (02-23-2012), IStillLoveJ&B (02-23-2012)

Thanks
    Agreed Chris, she wouldn't be constructive. Also I think The X Factor is dying out, don't want her to join it now

Thanks
    I agree, Britney would be the most dull and unhelpful judge ever. I think even in the distant past she would have been too casual/nice to do it, but especially lately!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    One thing that makes me think she wouldn't be a good judge is she did say this is the Glamour UK interview last October

Are you a fan of Simon Cowell?
    “I respect Simon Cowell’s honesty. I think it’s refreshing, but I don’t think I’d be able to be that honest! I’d be worried about destroying someone’s dreams.”

but she also has said

LB: You’ve said Jennifer Lopez inspires you professionally. Would you ever want to be a judge on American Idol?
    BS: I would! That would be awesome. I wouldn’t be a tough judge, though.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    So I just saw something about this again on Perez today, and they're making it sound like it could really happen? For $10 million?! I think it could be a good way for the public to get their Britney dosage and for her to have something to do that's not super-strenuous. Because as much as I want and love new Britney music, it would be nice to see and hear from HER some, you know? I mean she just released an album and went on a tour and she did next to no press or talking to the public at ALL.

But I really worry that this could hurt her if she half-asses it or says really dumb things, TBH.

Thanks
    She will definitely half-ass it if it's true but I think people are used to that with her by now! It would be nice for extra exposure and hopefully some cute Britney moments which we've not had much of for a while.

Thanks
    I wonder if she'd be fine because it's something new and it's not about her. You know? When she speaks, she'd be speaking to the contestant, not about her. It might be more comfortable for her? I don't know. I worry that she'd just say "that was really cool" or "you're so sweet." But, we also know she DOES have a personality. And she's very funny! This just hasn't come across in recent interviews too well. I don't think she'd have to be harsh or even honest...Nicole and Paula did fine.

I am really curious about this, I admit. I kind of want to see it. If Simon and Britney thinks she can do it, let's hope that bodes well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Gretch (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    PP those are literally the first two comments I imagined coming out of her mouth "I thought it was really cool, yeah, I liked it a lot!". I just hope that people like Simon and Paula and other people working on the show will talk to her and be blunt enough to tell her that she needs to speak legitimate words or else she'll look like an idiot. I hate to always make comparisons, but I think early 2000's Britney would have constructive comments and be so endearing, so maybe also like you said PP, since it's not about her, she can relax a little.

Thanks
    They're still talking about his happening?!?! Allegedly they submitted the contract for the conservatorship judge to approve....

+ Reply to Thread