+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SOPA

Thanks

SOPA

What do you guys think? I'm somewhat confused, I see megaupload has already been taken down (I don't know if this is related to SOPA though?) Surely with sites like that, as they take them down people are just going to set more up? There's loads of them. People are always going to find ways to share stuff illegally However I am actually on board with them trying to clamp down on illegal sharing cos it is stealing no matter how you justify it.

I would try and write this better but I have to rush off to work

Thanks
    From what I've heard, and I haven't researched the act too much yet, it sounds like they just may be taking it a little too far. And it wouldn't be just like, illegal music and videos on sites like Megaupload affected, but Wikipedia, Youtube, etc. could also have huge issues.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Yeah I've seen people saying Twitter and Facebook could be shut down! I'm sure there are people who would go into a seizure if they couldn't update their FB status every hour.

Thanks
    Luckily, it's been put on the back burner. I think it's a terrible piece of legislation and I don't think the internet should be policed. I think a lot of it is the RIAA and MPAA paying off senators to get legislation like this passed, when really the RIAA and MPAA and other organizations like them need to enter the 21st century.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Arti (01-22-2012)

Thanks
    I get it though because they're losing so much money because people steal stuff all the time, the digital age is no excuse for that. I don't know what they can do it about it though because this obviously won't work.

+ Reply to Thread