+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Russell Brand Files for Divorce From Katy Perry

Thanks

Russell Brand Files for Divorce From Katy Perry

Russell Brand has filed for divorce from Katy Perry ... TMZ has learned.

In the docs, filed in L.A., Brand cites "irreconcilable differences." The two were married Oct. 23, 2010 in India. They have no kids.

Sources had told TMZ the couple was having problems, evidenced by the fact that they spent Christmas apart and neither was wearing a wedding ring.

Although it's not 100%, based on what we now know it appears Brand may have blindsided Perry by filing the divorce petition.

Russell appeared on "Ellen" just this month, slamming divorce rumors -- claiming, "I'm really happily married ... Iím married to Katy. Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. Iím still alive."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/30/katy-p.../#.Tv4TekqQ1_k
    Scandalous! Can't say I'm surprised!

Thanks
    Aw He did standup at my school about a month ago (HILARIOUS!!!!) and he talked about her like all was still well... they were a weird couple but I kind of liked them!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    ^Yeah an unlikely couple but I do like that. That's a shame if it's true but not that surprised.

Thanks
    I read earlier about them spending Christmas apart and being pictured without their wedding rings so I'm not to surprised about this. They are cute together though.

Here's the story from People.com

A year after their fairy-tale wedding in India, it seems Katy Perry and Russell Brand won't be living happily ever after.

Brand, 36, filed for divorce in Los Angeles on Friday, citing irreconcilable differences.

"Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage," he said in a statement to PEOPLE. "I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends."

The Superior Court filing, which lists Perry by her given name of Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, does not list a date of separation.

The pair have been spotted without their wedding rings in recent days amid reports they spent the holidays apart, with Perry in Hawaii and Brand in the U.K.

The California-born pop star, 27, and the British comedian-turned-actor began dating in 2009. Brand popped the question four months later, and they were married in October 2010 in a lavish ceremony – that included two elephants as well as acrobats and jugglers – at a luxury resort in northern India.

In the early months of their marriage, the two were giddy in their compliments to each other.

Perry called Brand her great man of God, while Brand said his spiritual and emotional connection to his bride made him "love everyone."

In Redbook's April issue, Brand said he had been more than happy to give up his partying ways to settle down.

"I think I was ready for it," he said. "If you're wild, like a wild animal, marriage won't contain you. I think that's how a lot of people get into trouble."

But in recent weeks, they faced a drumbeat of rumors of trouble in their marriage. Both laughed off reports, with Brand telling Ellen DeGeneres earlier this month, "I am really happily married."

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

+ Reply to Thread