+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are your New Years resolutions for 2012?

Thanks

What are your New Years resolutions for 2012?

Mine are:
    Work on my telephone communication skills
    Move to an apartment close to my job
    Do more stuff in my spare time
    Get a new makeover
    Lose 30-35 lbs

List yours now.

Thanks
    -Be better with my money... this is my first year living in an off-campus apartment and between scholarships, loans, and the money I make at my part-time jobs, it's been a challenge for me to allocate my money well (since before, when I was in a dorm, I just a flat fee I had to pay for my living expenses using my loans and scholarships, and didn't have additional payments for utilities... even though I'm paying a LOT less living off-campus now, trying to balance all of the money stuff within my own account/completely separate from my college and its billing system has been tough)

-Run and workout more. I've always been a major runner and good about working out, but the past 6 months or so I haven't been as good about it. I've been so crazy busy that I haven't gained any weight, but I just feel lazy and not as healthy when I don't workout!

-Read and learn to play guitar with my spare time. I did alright with that this past semester because I had a LOT of free time, but it's going to be more of a challenge next semester when I'm busier, to sit down and read a book when my roommates will probably be watching 5 hours of Cupcake Wars a day.

-Try to get out there and meet more guys/go on dates. I love all of my guy friends but I'm definitely at a place where I need to meet some guys that aren't in the friend zone or aren't affiliated with the last guy I dated, and most of the guys I see and hang out with fall in one of those two categories lol.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I never really make them but in the new year I want to start searching more for a full time job.

Thanks
    1. I want to get a boyfriend. A really good one too. I feel that this is my year for that type of thing. It's supposed to be the end of the world in 2012 too, so it's all very apropos.
    2. I want to get into shape be it through running, swimming, biking...whatever! It needs to happen.
    3. I want to grow a mustache. Perhaps only temporarily, but it needs to happen.
    4. I'd like to write more. I've been doing a good job of it so far, but eventually I'd like to get published. I think short stories are the way to go for me. I would like to put together a book of fairy tales (I finished writing my first fairy tale a few weeks ago!). But, I have other ideas for short stories too that I'd like to write. So, I'd like to work on my writing and getting published (even if it's just in a magazine).
    5. I'd like to get a solid group of friends, but I've been saying that since I graduated college and it hasn't happened yet, so we'll just tack this one on at the end for the sake of tradition.

+ Reply to Thread