+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Britney Spears Recruits A Backstreet Boy For Tour

Thanks

Britney Spears Recruits A Backstreet Boy For Tour

Nineties pop fans rejoice! Britney Spears has recruited the Backstreet Boys' Howie Dorough to open for a string of South American dates on her Femme Fatale Tour. The gigs will coincide with the release of his first-ever solo album, Back to Me, out November 15.

"I'm so excited that I'm going [to be] joining @bitneyspears on several dates of the Femme Fatale tour!" Dorough tweeted on Monday."Can't wait to see all my lovelies in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, and Venezuela!! VIP info will be coming next week."

According to Dorough's site (and as he also tweeted), the Backstreet Boy's initial stint on Britney's tour will kick off on November 20 in La Plata, Argentina, with stops in Santiago, Lima and Bogota before it wraps up in Caracas, Venezuela, on November 28. He's just the latest supporting act to join the worldwide Femme Fatale trek, stepping in the spot once occupied by artists like Joe Jonas, Nicki Minaj and DJ Pauly D

And when Dorough spoke to MTV News over the summer about his first solo recording, he said it felt good to finally get the chance to show fans a new side of himself as an artist. "I finally have been able to put [my album] together and I'm excited and very, very proud to be able to make this body of work," he told us. "I feel [it's] a total representation of where I'm at right now in my life and [it represents] things that are going on, positive-ness and energy. I think it's really a chance for people to hear me and know my voice."

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    Wow, that's pretty cool and unexpected! Good luck to him!

Thanks
    ^ No, it's not! I mean, release your album whenever you want but you don't need to open up for her on MY stop of the tour! Ugh..... I knew I wouldn't be getting Nicki, but Howie D? Really??

Thanks
    At least you get Britney.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to N8 For This Useful Post:

Aimee (11-10-2011)

Thanks
    "at least" I get Britney? Wtf. As if someone were doing me a favour. I've been a fan from the very beginning, this should happen sooner or later. It's not like I live in the North Pole either. And I'll be paying for this (I hate this kind of answer, but I mean, they are not giving anything for free either)

It's confirmed: we'll be getting Howie D and Teen Angels (a local teenage band that comes from a soap opera)

Whatever, I'm just pissed because I won't be able to see Nicki Minaj live, hah. But I was aware of that since she announced she wouldn't be part of the European leg of the tour...

Thanks
    I got Destinee and Paris, consider yourself lucky

+ Reply to Thread