+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPhone 4S (yes, 4S, not 5) information

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    Yeahyeahyeah, I just found out I'M GETTING AN IPHONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY

I'm so so so so excited. I've never had a smart phone before. Everyone around me has one these days, and I'm always jealous. I also get lost in the city all the time, and am sometimes out/away from my laptop for long periods of time and need to check my email because of the nature of my part-time jobs. I'm going to be that sucker than downloads like 50 apps the first week And I'm so excited to have Siri. I didn't ask my parents which iphone they're getting me, but I assume it's the 4S because they said they have to wait for it to come in.

I've also never owned an Apple product before. Guess I should probably install itunes lol.

I'm really scared though! This phone I have, I've had for almost 2 years and it's a little scratched but still functioning... in the 6 years I've had a cell phone, I've only had one major guffaw where I dropped my EnV in a toilet. But I'm so scared I'm going to crack my screen or something... I really don't want to pay a lot, but I'm seriously considering AppleCare or insurance or whatever.

Do you have verizon? Ask your parents if they had to put insurance on it when they purchased the iphone. I found it WAY overpriced. 11bucks extra a month then a 160 deductible per claim. I opted out of it and just got a 2 year warrenty through square trade.

but you will love it! ive had mine for a little over a week. <3

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Do you have verizon? Ask your parents if they had to put insurance on it when they purchased the iphone. I found it WAY overpriced. 11bucks extra a month then a 160 deductible per claim. I opted out of it and just got a 2 year warrenty through square trade.

but you will love it! ive had mine for a little over a week. <3
    That's great that you got the iPhone. And Gretch, that's great for you too that you're going to get it for Christmas. I love my iPhone although as of lately I've been having issues with the ringer volume. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I want to hear my text tone when I get a new message.

Thanks
    Bahhhh. Nothing's ever simple!!! So my parents came to take me out to dinner a couple days early for my birthday, and they'll get me whichever I want, but my dad is lobbying for me to get a Droid. He'd had his same flip phone for 6 years lol, I had the same phone as him and am now almost done with my 2nd new one after that flip phone hahaha. Anyway, he decided to finally upgrade to and he got a Droid Incredible, and it's hilarious to see him with a smart phone lol. But basically, I guess the Verizon store that we always go to doesn't have any iPhone 4s's in stock right now and the guy doesn't know when they'll get more. Apparently the 4s had some battery issues or something, so everyone started going a bit backwards and getting the old iphone 4, so they're out of those too. But they have plenty of Droids and always have a constant supply of them

So... I don't know. I think I'm going to wait it out for the iphone 4s. I want Siri and everything else... I've never had any Apple products before, and I always end up getting electronics that aren't the best or are cheaper or just what is the most available. It's never worked out awfully before, but I've wanted an iphone for so long now, and it's obviously a fairly big investment so I don't think I should just get some random smart phone just to have one sooner.

But I was all excited to get it over Thanksgiving and now I'll probably have to wait awhile Boooooo!

And my dad kept rubbing it in my face, being like "Oh, you're getting pasta? I have a pasta app on my phone. You could have one next week, too, if you want a Droid Incredible...". Ha.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    ^ the battery on the 4s isnt the best i have found but im also ALWAYS using things that will drain it like apps and my netflix... you could always see if verizon can order it? Or what I did was go to the verizon website directly and ordered it...they shipped it right to me in like 2 weeks..

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

Thanks
    Yeah that's what I just mentioned to my dad. And I guess the problem with some batteries is that they suddenly drain or something, but it's not all the phones? But my friends with droids say their battery life pretty much allllways suck... we shall see. I just want it now haha, I hate waiting!! And when I'm home over Thanksgiving, my dad is just going to be obnoxious rubbing his in my face lol.

Thanks
    My battery drains a lot when I play games. When I play Tetris for awhile, my battery will go down to 82% when it was at 100%.

Thanks
    Do you ever have problems with it lasting through the day? I have a lot of days where I'm gone 12-14 hours straight. I'm used to my current phone where I only need to charge it every other night or sometimes even less frequently than that, for like 2-3 hours and it's good to go. I don't talk on it too much though, just mostly texting and I have no data plan or anything.

I've been texting my dad tonight and I think he may have ordered me a white iphone 4s! I'm so glad I suggested the ordering online thing, Melissa... I still am on a "waiting list" (probably close to 3 weeks until it ships ) but at least I know it's definitely coming and it's not going to be my dad kind of checking the Verizon store every now and then to see if they get any in. Especially since Christmas is in the not-so-distant future, I don't want to wait and get lumped in with the one trillion people getting one for Christmas.

Thanks
    I always charge mine whenever I can. I don't think I've ever gone a full day without charging it. Whenever I go somewhere, I like my phone to be at 100% or as much as I can get it if I don't have enough time to charge it.

To everyone who has an iPhone, what are your favorite apps? I love YP Yellow Pages, Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner Pro, Tetris, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Gold Miner, Air Penguin, Sushi Boy, Pandora, HowStuffWorks, Videojug, Checkbook HD, Convertr, PNC Mobile (my bank's mobile app), Music Studio, WeeMee, Amazon, Wikipanion Plus, Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Gossip Junkie, Urban Dictionary Definitions, Ambiance, More Cookies, Cupcakes!, Speak It! Text To Speech, Text Effects, Translator With Voice - More Than A Dictionary, Camera Plus Pro, Hangman Classic, Four In A Row (the app with the number 4 on the icon), Vegas Slots, etc.
    Last edited by ~Tiffany~; 11-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Getting my white iphone 4s tomorrow hopefully It's at the Verizon store awaiting pickup, but my dad didn't pick me up in time (home for Thanksgiving ) for us to get to the store tonight before it closed... soooo closeeee!

Thanks
    ^ yay!!!! you will love it! I almost went with white but couldnt resist the way the black looked! I hope you love it!! Let me know if you find any cool apps, lol i still havent downloaded that many.

+ Reply to Thread