+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MTV To Pay Tribute to Britney at the VMAs!

Thanks
    There will be. But, luckily, there's more to the tribute than that. It's still really weird, if you ask me.

When 11-year-old Jordyn Jones of Three Rivers was born, MTV was celebrating its 20th anniversary and Britney Spears was dominating the music video countdown show “Total Request Live.”
    Now, a decade later, Jones will be sharing the stage with some of music’s biggest stars for a tribute to Spears during Sunday night’s MTV Video Music Awards.
    While most kids Jordyn’s age are dancing around their bedroom and singing into a hairbrush, the pre-teen will be sharing the stage with Janet Jackson, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez. More than 300 young dancers auditioned for the chance to perform at the VMAs, and Jones was chosen for one of the 21 coveted spots.
    “It was a six-hour long process where we learned part of one of Britney’s dances,” Jordyn said. “Then we had to do the dance in smaller groups, and I was the only one that they picked in my group to stay. They kept cutting dancers through every round, and I made it through all of them.”
    Jordyn, a dance student at Step Up Dance Center in Portage, is no stranger to intense auditioning and rehearsal practices. She already has danced in two shows in Minneapolis and Chicago with Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green and Far East Movement. And she is “on hold” as a backup dancer for finalists on “America’s Got Talent” who make the cut throughout NBC’s reality show competition.
    “I like the traveling part and meeting new people from dance conventions and competitions,” Jordyn said. “That’s the most fun part.
    “My inspiration is Lady Gaga — I have seen her in concert and hope to someday be one of her backup dancers.”
    Unfortunately, Jordyn -- the daughter of Kelly and Tim Jones -- won’t have the chance to share the stage with Lady Gaga Sunday night, although she is scheduled to perform during the VMA’s as part of the Britney tribute. Gaga is performing live from New York, while Jordyn will be in Los Angeles, where the awards show is taking place. However, she will be able to see many of her favorite celebrities.
    “I want to see Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, but mostly Britney Spears,” said Jordyn, who also has begun rehearsals for a new Nickelodeon production in development.
    The non-stop excitement of dancing alongside celebrities and appearing on TV shows has been a great adventure not only for Jordyn, but for her mom as well.
    “I was totally amazed and excited, but my mom was crying, she was so happy,” Jordyn said about finding out she would be appearing on the VMAs.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz1WGZxT9dq

Thanks
    eww, NO SEXED-UP KIDS!! :s :s :s

Thanks
    Oh man. I really hope this goes okay And if it's really lame, maybe Britney not performing would be better lol. I hope there are lots of "WTF" Britney face audience shots.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Ok I'm not really liking the sound or idea of the kids

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    I think her dancers are involved in it too because nick florez from the oops era was somehow involved in it too. We'll find out tonight

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    If she is performing as a part of it though, like at the tail end then she will only see it from backstage... so if it's a tribute TO HER wouldn't she be in the audience watching?

Thanks
    I don't know. I kind of view the 2003 VMA performance as a tribute to Madonna, but she performed too. I just hope it's good, whatever it is. I'm really worried it will be lame!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (08-28-2011)

+ Reply to Thread