Thanks

Amy Winehouse Found Dead, Age 27

t's still breaking:

Sky News:

She has been found dead

Thanks

Amy Whinehouse found dead, age 27

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

Multiple sources report that Amy Whinehouse was found dead at her London apartment.

:0 Not unexpected maybe for her lifestyle, but still shocking.

The Fresh Sweetest Club

Thanks
    not a huge surprise given her lifestyle, but very sad still. Such a talented girl, only 27 (the age for legends to die it seems).

The Fresh Sweetest Club

Thanks
    Such a shame. But she really seemed beyond help. A true talent wasted.

Thanks
    I'm not surprised at all..she was going down a path that no one could help her

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    I was driving this morning and "Rehab" came on the radio and I was so excited and singing along. Then, right after it was finished the DJ said she had been found dead and I audibly gasped. I'm pretty sad that she died. She was such a huge talent and she just wasted it all. I understand she was suffering through real problems with addiction...it's just so so sad.

And yeah, we all knew this day would come, but it's still shocking.

Thanks
    Wow the dreaded 27 strikes again... I guess maybe she should have really gone to rehab. So sad, may she RIP.

Here's the report from People.com

Amy Winehouse has died.

The troubled singer, whose unique and soulful voice made her a Grammy winner, was found dead at her London apartment on Saturday, according to various reports. She was 27.

"We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer," a statement from her U.S. record label reads. "Our prayers go out to Amy's family, friends and fans at this difficult time."

London's Metropolitan Police released also a statement about finding a body but didn't identify the singer: "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," the statement reads, according to the U.K.'s Daily Mail. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene. Inquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

The singer, who was to some as well known for her struggles with addiction as her music, was in rehab as recently as May and canceled a planned summer tour of Europe in June, following a disastrous appearance in Belgrade, Serbia.

But Winehouse's musical accomplishments were many, including nearly sweeping the Grammy Awards in 2008 with her album Back to Black, which scored five trophies including record of the year, song of the year and best new artist. Unable to attend the Grammys due to legal troubles, Winehouse performed via satellite from London during the ceremony.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks

Amy Winehouse Died in Bed with No Sign of Drugs Nearby

Amy Winehouse may have been dead for up to six hours before a security guard found her body in bed at around 4 p.m. London time on Saturday.

The five-time Grammy winner last spoke to her security team at 10 a.m. Saturday, telling them she was going to sleep. Rigor mortis had set in by the time she was found, suggesting she had been dead for several hours.

Sources tell Britain's Sun newspaper that Winehouse, 27, had seen a doctor Friday night as part of a routine series of regular checkups, given her battle with addiction. The doctor saw nothing amiss.

Winehouse had been strong enough that same night to play a drum kit in her bedroom so loud that neighbors complained.

Cause of death is not yet known; a toxicology report could take weeks to complete.

A police source tells PEOPLE there was no paraphernalia or sign of drugs in Winehouse's Camden home, which became the scene of makeshift memorials following news of the troubled singer's death.

Her father Mitch made an appearance at the Camden house Monday to thank fans who had built the tribute to his daughter in flowers and memorabilia. He said the family was "devastated and speechless."

"I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier for us," he said of the tributes.

"Amy was about one thing, and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends, and to you guys as well," he told fans gathered in Camden Square.

Winehouse's friend and PR man Chris Goodman tells the Sun that she had suffered setbacks in recent weeks in her battle against addiction.

"She was on the mend but she lapsed over the past month," he said. "Her death has come as a great shock. She was a fantastic talent and a sweet girl."

Monday, Winehouse's body was released to her family for funeral procedures. The official cause of death will be known in October.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    She lived such a sad life.

Thanks
    Such a wasted talent.

♥ ♥ ♥

icon and graphic by
    Me.

+ Reply to Thread