+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Is Leaving Glee After This Season

Thanks

Who Is Leaving Glee After This Season

Glee stars Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Cory Monteith will don caps and gowns at the end of the fall season and won't be returning for the fourth season.

Other characters also will be graduating from high school and their identities will be revealed in the Sept. 20 premiere, Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy tells The Hollywood Reporter.

"We made that decision and I involved Chris and Lea and they thought that was a good idea," says Murphy. "They both trust the writing and trust me and felt that it would be great to have an open and closed experience for them to go out while they were on top."

Murphy acknowledges he hasn't discussed it with Monteith but, "He knows he was a sophomore when the show started."

The characters are leaving, Murphy says, for the integrity of the show.

"You can keep them on the show for six years and people will criticize you for not being realistic," he says, "or you can be really true to life and say when they started the show they were very clearly sophomores and they should graduate at the end of their senior year."

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post

"You can keep them on the show for six years and people will criticize you for not being realistic," he says, "or you can be really true to life and say when they started the show they were very clearly sophomores and they should graduate at the end of their senior year."
    He's concerned NOW about not being realistic? Ooookkkk...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Chris (07-14-2011), Jonny (07-14-2011), ~Tiffany~ (07-14-2011)

Thanks
    That's too bad. I think the show can still do well without them, because as far as I can tell, a lot of people's favorite characters aren't necessarily the main stars.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike PP View Post
    He's concerned NOW about not being realistic? Ooookkkk...
    Lollll, so true. I wish Glee would end after season 3. What they should have done from the start was make groups of characters different grade levels.

Thanks
    "They both trust the writing and trust me and felt that it would be great to have an open and closed experience for them to go out while they were on top."
    I'm dying at that statement.

Ryan Murphy is a dreadful writer, as is proven week after week on Glee. I like the show but damn, he has no idea what he is doing.

He is going to do to this show exactly what he did to Nip/Tuck. That show started out pretty good, hit a lull, got better around season 3, and then progressively deteriorated into a completely unwatchable hot mess. He had no clue what to do with his characters so he began creating ridiculous plots and episodes that featured diarrhea.....yes, literally diarrhea is a main plot point!

Writing out the 3 main characters of the show will probably do more damage than anything, but it might actually be for the best, since he is clearly already running out of steam. As is stands, the characters on this show are so inconsistently written, i would imagine that by the end of season 3, they will be no further developed then they are right now. Ryan takes one step foreword, then walks an entire city block backwards.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

~Tiffany~ (07-14-2011)

+ Reply to Thread