+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

Thanks

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

(I don't know who else, if anyone, has been following this case but this is just crap!)

After 33 days of testimony and two days of closing arguments, a jury of seven women and five men acquitted Casey Anthony of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in just 10 hours and 40 minutes of deliberation.

Red-faced, Anthony, 25, held back tears as the verdict was read in the Orlando, Fla., courtroom. The jury, which ranged in age from 32 to 65, handed down their decision at 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday.

The defense spent four hours on Sunday poking holes in the state's case. "There is plenty of reasonable doubt," defense attorney Jose Baez told jurors. "You cannot convict her."

They agreed, except on charges of providing false information to law enforcement officers, where they found Anthony guilty.

The high-profile trial began on May 24. While she remained mostly expressionless in the court room, Anthony broke down in tears on several occasions as her family was repeatedly called to the stand.

Here's the breakdown:
    Count 1. Murder in the first degree: Not Guilty

Count 2. Crime of aggravated child abuse: Not Guilty

Count 3. Aggravated manslaughter of a child: Not Guilty

Counts 4, 5, 6, 7: Providing false information to law enforcement officers: Guilty, immediately finger-printed in open court. All are misdemeanors.

Anthony's sentencing will be Thursday at 9 a.m.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    I have watched EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of the trial from BEGINNING TO END because my leg and ankle are broken. I am so beyond pissed, this jury screwed up big time, the evidence was there... I feel she was rewarded for hiding the body and not telling anyone and lying for as long as she did... that maybe they didn't get as much evidence as apparently the stupid jurors wanted. I could go on and on for pages, but I am furious. I am hoping karma gets her in the form of a car accident, or lightening striking her LOL. That might be wrong, but it's how I feel.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Aimee (07-06-2011)

Thanks
    Karma definitely should come back and bite her in the ass big time. On a side note, what happened to your leg & ankle?!

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimee For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (07-06-2011)

Thanks
    Oh I'm just clumsy and fell down the stairs LOL. I have plates and screws and all that stuff in my leg now *Facepalm*

I am glad you agree, I am just so furious. The evidence was there, and considering she was found skeletonized (sorry if I'm being graphic, but this case and MURDER was graphic) that they did an outstanding job proving that body was in the trunk, with the chloroform and decomp fluid and the hair with the post mortem banding and all of that. It is going to take a while for this to sink in for me. The one news guy today said it perfectly "I feel like I just got kicked in the gut".

Thanks
    I didn't really follow this case closely, so I didn't know all that went on. I was reading about this case at a different message board and I was shocked to read about the chloroform, her looking up online on how to kill her, etc. Like I said there, was the justice system paid off or something? This woman is clearly guilty. Why would she lie about Caylee's death if she didn't kill her? It doesn't make sense.

Thanks
    I'm not surprised. I don't think there was enough evidence to support that it was premeditated murder. I've followed the case closely enough so that I knew all the major points. I think it was clear that Casey had something to do with it, but that's it. I do think she killed her daughter, though.

Thanks
    So aggrevating. I REALLY think she did it. But, I guess as Mike said.... there wasn't really enough conclusive evidence. Everything points to her doing it, but I guess if there's no footage, witnesses, confessions, etc... the rest of the evidence is technically just circumstantial and doesn't prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that she did it.

It's so sickening though... that she's just going to be walking around living her life after killing her daughter. I hope she feels guilty everyday, though I doubt she will since she spent the first month her daughter was dead partying.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    PP, they didn't have to prove premeditation though! For first degree they did, but under first degree was FELONY murder, so if it's lik ethis: she chloroformed the little girl to put her to sleep, ACCIDENTALLY overdosed her and the little girl died on accident that way, it's felony murder. If she put duct tape on her mouth to "quiet her" and didn't mean to kill her and the little girl died accidentally it's felony murder. They did not have to prove premeditation for other charges and that is why I'm flipping furious. I never thought they'd get her for murder 1, but this is bs.

Andddd Scott Peterson anyone? They found the bodies washed up ashore, had no cause of death, and still sentenced him to death.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Aimee (07-06-2011)

Thanks
    Casey Anthony will be released from jail on July 13 after getting credit for time served, a court spokesperson says.

The Florida mom, 25, was found not guilty Tuesday of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, but convicted of four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement officers.

Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday sentenced her to four years in prison, but with credits she will now be released next week, a court spokesperson tells CNN.

Anthony is also being fined $1,000 for each count, or $4,000.

Before sentencing, Anthony walked into the courtroom smiling and looking relaxed. She declined the opportunity to make a statement before Judge Perry decided her future.

For several minutes before the sentencing, the defense presented the argument that the four charges against Anthony should be treated as one.

Anthony spent 997 days in the Orange County, Fla., jail while awaiting trial in the death of Caylee, whose remains were found in 2008.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    I my judge, I've hearted him the whole time, but he gave her the max he could. It's just a shame with time served and good behavior and crap she's getting out so soon, eek.

+ Reply to Thread