+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Britney moving from Jive Records to RCA

Thanks

Question Britney moving from Jive Records to RCA

www. breatheheavy.com/2011/06/britney-moving-from-jive-records-to-rca/

What do we know about this? What does it mean? Why hasn't anyone posted anything about this yet?

Thanks
    Apparently, the Jive/RCA Label group is merging with the Epic label group, and they are basically going to dissolve the Jive portion, and shuffle the artists between RCA and Epic. Epic will get P!nk, and Usher, and RCA gets Britney.

We don't really know how this is going to effect her yet. If she was moving to Epic, then i would be sounding the alarms, but i'm not all that familiar with RCA, so i don't really know what to expect.

Fans love to bash Jive and blame them for every little hiccup in her career, but I think that Britney and Jive are probably the best match for each other. I'm not sure other labels would 'get' Britney in the same way that they do. Most of the shit that people like to rag on Jive about is thanks to her personal team, like Larry and Adam.

Thanks
    Actually Christina fans hate RCA
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Thanks
    Errr........guys.........I'm scared, hah.

What's with Epic, btw?

RCA sounds like... COUNTRY MUSIC to me, for some reason :s

Thanks
    Epic is shit, thats what. lol They have artists like Shakira, and Jessica Simpson. Just think of how poorly their recent albums have been handled.

Ya, i have been hearing some more people talk about RCA, and it doesn't sound like they are all that good. Hopefully this restructuring will change that, as they will surely be blending the team from Jive into the mix somehow.

The problem for me is that, i feel like any other label would treat Britney like any other artist. I know it seems like Jive sometimes doesn't understand that she is the rightful heir to the throne of Pop, but i have a feeling other labels would get that even less. I just have this horrible image in my head of Britney releasing an album, with only 2 singles and then her reissuing the album with like 1 new song and a remix and that song is some major bullshit attempt to latch onto the current trend because they are scared she isn't relating to the public or some shit. It doesn't work, so then they can the album and send her into the studio with RedOne and Tricky Stewart to get a guaranteed commercial smash rushed out before the summer comes. *Shudders*

Thanks
    mmhhh.... I don't think Britney would voluntarily jump on that train. And she can say no. Maybe she doesn't have total control of the decisions, but she has already proven she doesn't say yes to everything and that she has her own style and thoughts in mind regarding her career.

I wouldn't change Jive. Even though they have clearly made some wrong decisions or they haven't done the best work they could have, I still like them. Sometimes I feel like they lose sight a bit at times, but I still feel like they get her, or at least they are not as far away. I get a youthful, fresh, fun, kinda unpredictable or even quirky vibe from them that I don't get from other record labels. And I think Britney is definitely part of that.

I repeat, RCA SOUNDS COUNTRY TO ME! hahah

The only thing that is worrying me a bit right now is that I feel like Britney was caught in the Dr. Luke net. I LOVE what Dr. Luke did with Ke$ha and then with Katy, but I also loved what RedOne did with Gaga back then and look (or hear) what happened next..... He basically became the next Timbaland.
    I noticed this when I heard the whole Femme Fatale album and got to the (personal) conclusion that the best songs on there are the other very few from Max Martin, Bloodshy, Darkchild, but NOT him. And as much as I love "I Wanna Go", no one can deny it's her most "washed sounding" song ever. There is still something about the background music that screams "GENERIC!" to me. Classic hits don't give that vibe, ever. So Dr. Luke didn't pass the test for me. And with Brit you cannot make those mistakes.
    Bloodshy gets her. PHARRELL GETS HER OMG. Danja used to get her. She tried The Outsyders and HELLO, one of her best songs. She's so fucking talented that she needs equally talented people to make gems. Dr. Luke got generic, so gtfo.
    This was about record labels though, I've no idea how I got here hahah, sorry.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I wouldn't change Jive. Even though they have clearly made some wrong decisions or they haven't done the best work they could have, I still like them. Sometimes I feel like they lose sight a bit at times, but I still feel like they get her, or at least they are not as far away. I get a youthful, fresh, fun, kinda unpredictable or even quirky vibe from them that I don't get from other record labels. And I think Britney is definitely part of that.
    I agree. Jive may not be perfect, but they've done right by her for the most part, throughout her career. Like i said earlier, Larry & Co are more then likely responsible for a good chunk of the shit that Jive gets blamed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The only thing that is worrying me a bit right now is that I feel like Britney was caught in the Dr. Luke net. I LOVE what Dr. Luke did with Ke$ha and then with Katy, but I also loved what RedOne did with Gaga back then and look (or hear) what happened next..... He basically became the next Timbaland.
    I noticed this when I heard the whole Femme Fatale album and got to the (personal) conclusion that the best songs on there are the other very few from Max Martin, Bloodshy, Darkchild, but NOT him. And as much as I love "I Wanna Go", no one can deny it's her most "washed sounding" song ever. There is still something about the background music that screams "GENERIC!" to me. Classic hits don't give that vibe, ever. So Dr. Luke didn't pass the test for me. And with Brit you cannot make those mistakes.
    I disagree, but also kind of agree with this.

For me, its the Max Martin solo tracks that seem to be leading Britney down the wrong path. And you sort of proved my point. "I Wanna Go" is a Max Martin/Shellback production. Luke was not involved.

While i agree that Dr. Luke's expiration date is looming, I feel like Max really does not get Britney as much as everyone thinks he does. The songs that Max has done for her since being back in the fold have been some of her most glaring backwards steps, and most blatantly generic of her recent musical output. "If U Seek Amy", "3", "Up 'n' Down", and "Criminal" are, to me, evidence of a producer who does not understand who Britney Spears is in 2011. "Criminal" in particular sounds like it belongs somewhere between "Oops I Did It Again" and "Britney". Its not a bad song, but its not what she should be singing at this stage in her career.

Thanks
    ^See, I LOVE Criminal and Up n Down... I like Max Martin a lot, because I really like that he kind of brings her back to old school Britney a little bit. I don't really like 3, and If U Seek Amy is alright but definitely pretty generic as you said. I know that almost everything in the music business is about keeping up with trends and moving forward, but Criminal is the kind of song from the Oops/Britney era (as you said!) that cemented my love for Britney. There are so many songs from the Blackout/Circus/Femme Fatale era that I LOOOOVE, but I'm not sure that I would have fallen in love with Britney as an artist if those were the first songs of hers I ever heard. Most of the newer songs that I love the most are the ones that harken back to earlier Britney days when you could actually hear her voice SINGING and it was pop songs, but not just an album of club-like, heavy-hitting beats.

I don't really know enough about RCA vs. Epic vs. Jive to say anything about that lol.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I disagree, but also kind of agree with this.

For me, its the Max Martin solo tracks that seem to be leading Britney down the wrong path. And you sort of proved my point. "I Wanna Go" is a Max Martin/Shellback production. Luke was not involved.

While i agree that Dr. Luke's expiration date is looming, I feel like Max really does not get Britney as much as everyone thinks he does. The songs that Max has done for her since being back in the fold have been some of her most glaring backwards steps, and most blatantly generic of her recent musical output. "If U Seek Amy", "3", "Up 'n' Down", and "Criminal" are, to me, evidence of a producer who does not understand who Britney Spears is in 2011. "Criminal" in particular sounds like it belongs somewhere between "Oops I Did It Again" and "Britney". Its not a bad song, but its not what she should be singing at this stage in her career.
    I actually mentioned Max Martin because I think "Criminal" and "Up N' Down" are fantastic. "Criminal"'s music DOES sound like a 2001 Madonna song from 'American Life', there's no denying that (I love the sound, btw), but her vocals...omg, amazing. Old school Brit. And I think Max is much responsible for that. I remember having watched video segments of him in the studio with Brit recording the Crazy remix and Not A Girl and how much he insisted on the vocals being SPOT ON. And the lyrics are great. Just the general vibe. And same with "Up N' Down"; what MM does is that he blends amazingly well her voice and lyrics with the music.
    Now, having said that..... The music in "3" sounds like a FUCKING MIDI DEMO. I h-a-t-e it. And I think the sound of IWG is washed (my problem is with the MUSIC, not the song itself). So maybe he's kinda losing his touch or something. Regarding IYSA, I love that song and I think it's perfect the way it is but I just think it belongs to the Oops era, so it's a step backwards for me... or simply a VERY good tribute to the old-school Britney sound hahah (but weren't those his intentions with "3" instead?)
    So I clearly have mixed thoughts regarding Brit working with Max Martin now, but I still think "Criminal" is one of her best songs ever.

+ Reply to Thread