+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash

Thanks

Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash

Ryan Dunn, famous for his fearless off-the-wall stunts on MTV's Jackass, died in a car crash Monday morning in West Goshen Township, Pa. He was 34.

The car crash occurred at 3 a.m. on Route 322 and New Street, and Dunn was with an unidentified passenger, who also died in the accident, police confirm to PEOPLE. It is unknown who was driving.

The car caught on fire, and a tow truck was later sent to the scene to pick up the wreckage.

Costar Bam Margera's mother broke the news to Philadelphia rock station WMMR 93.3.

“We are devastated by the tragic loss of Ryan Dunn – a beloved member of the MTV family for more than a decade," Van Toffler, President of MTV Networks Music/Films Group, said in a statement.

"He made us all laugh and had the tireless enthusiastic approach to life of your favorite middle school friend," the statement continued. "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Ryan’s family and friends. The Jackass brotherhood will never be the same.”

By Monday morning, Dunn's name was trending on Twitter, and celebs and fans alike were mourning the loss of the veteran daredevil, who earned laughs for the antics he pulled off with Margera, Steve-O and the rest of the Jackass crew – such as a famous golf cart crash in Jackass: The Movie.

"Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn," Johnny Knoxville Tweeted. "My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan , I love you buddy."

"I'm very Sad and Shocked to hear about Ryan Dunn," friend and Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden Tweeted. "My thoughts&Prayers are with his Family."

Brody Jenner also shared his condolences, Tweeting, "Just heard about Ryan Dunn… So sad.. #RIPRYANDUNN."

Dunn, who also starred in MTV's Viva La Bam and Homewrecker, Tweeted a picture of himself drinking an unknown beverage with two friends before the accident early Monday morning.

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    It's sad, but he was flying down the highway completely drunk. So...I don't know.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-21-2011), Matt S (06-21-2011)

Thanks
    I agree PP, the sad part I think is for his family and friends who have to deal with this loss, but it's a tricky situation to feel bad for someone when they were doing something completely dangerous and wrong without a care in the world of who they might hurt. =/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike PP View Post
    It's sad, but he was flying down the highway completely drunk. So...I don't know.
    People keep saying they don't know if he was drunk, it's all just speculation until the official report comes in, etc. But yeah, all signs point to 'drunk' and I'm kind of having a hard time mustering sympathy. Drunk driving is fucking stupid. Period.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-21-2011)

Thanks
    So, yeah, his blood alcohol level was like .196 and he was going over 130 mph.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-22-2011)

Thanks
    Ugh. It's unfortunate it happened and I obviously feel really bad for his family and friends, but that is just inexcusable. Maybe this can be used as a lesson of some sort.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-22-2011)

+ Reply to Thread