+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summer Plans

Thanks

Summer Plans

We haven't had many light-hearted, chit-chatty threads in here lately... what are the Freshies' plans for summer?! Anything fun?

I have lots of little things going on here and there, which makes me happy. I'm not super thrilled to be living at home for 4 months while a lot of my friends from school will be at school for part or all of the summer, so I'm happy the first month has flown by and I have things to look forward to:

-Jason Aldean and Erich Church concert next weekend
    -Going to visit my best friend in South Carolina for a weekend (Hopefully! Plane tickets not officially booked yet... I've never been to SC and it will be super fun to see her, I'm really bummed she's not home all summer because she's my neighbor and has been my best friend since we were like 3!)
    -Taylor Swift concert in late June! Have pit tickets, will be standing RIGHT up against stage and will do everything possible to hopefully meet her again
    -Running a 15K roadrace in New York/seeing family there like I do every summer
    -Spending time in Maine with my extended family
    -Starting a part-time internship in July at an artist management firm in the area... so excited!
    -Hopefully seeing Britney in August... no tickets yet

And between all of that I'm working at a clothes store part-time (not getting as many hours as I'd like, grrr...), seeing friends from home, going back to school to visit people a lot, reading, watching tv shows, running, spending time outside, etc.

Your turn!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Hm...

I'm hoping to find a job soon. At the moment, I'm giving my time and patience to helping out my professor who are teaching students who want to get into the interpreter program.
    I'm not doing much this summer. I'm going to do stuff, here and there but nothing crazy is planned. I'm def seeing Britney for the 5th time now. I'm so excited for the show.

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    Ugh working. I started my new job in April and I can't use any vacation time until mid-July. Boooo. In August, though, I've got a wedding to go to in western Massachusetts so that will be fun. I'm staying overnight in Sturbridge. I am thinking of maybe taking a few days off in August to go visit my cousin in South Carolina. She's having her second baby in July and I'll be the godfather. I go visit her every summer anyway. But, I haven't decided on that yet. I feel weird taking vacation so soon after starting my new job!

Sounds like you guys have cool summers planned! Gretch, South Carolina is...different, haha. You'll have fun I'm sure!

Thanks
    I have a lot of professional development over the summer for work. I'll be going to Sea World and Six Flags. Hopefully the NFL lockout will lift and I'll go to the Cowboys training camp again...aside from that, I'll probably lay in bed and enjoy my summer. I'll save my money for a big vacation next year. I have too many bills right now!

Thanks
    I will likely be working an insane amount of hours, the Britney concert, and hanging out with friends.

♥ ♥ ♥

icon and graphic by
    Me.

Thanks
    I'm going to London next week to "take in some shows" as celebration for me finishing uni. We're seeing Wicked, Phantom Of The Opera and Les Miserables, can't wait!

Then I have my graduation the following week!

Aside from that I'm just working, my flatmate is moving out in August so I need to decide what I'm gonna do then. Oh also, going on a holiday with some friends at the end of July, I've never been on holiday with friends before so that'll be interesting! We're just going to the Western Isles in Scotland.

Thanks
    ^ FUN! I looovvveeee 'Wicked'. So good.

I will be going here and there. Only real plan this summer is to go back to my home country of Nicaragua in July. I have not been since 2003. So much family and things to see! I will be there for a week. Also heading out to the Oregon coast in June to take part in my boyfriend's family reunion. Never been with all of them for a weekend before. Kind of nervous about that. I will probably end up going to New Orleans in August, just because. In August I also have my meet and greet with BRITNEY! **ahhh!!!!**

Britney Fan Forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario For This Useful Post:

Daisy (05-30-2011)

Thanks
    Your summer adventures sound awesome! Im done with Uni FINALLY and don't have a job this summer so I booked two months back home in Michigan for the summer. I fly out in two weeks and then don't come back to Wales until August and I cant fucking waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttt! Scorching summer and pools and beer and tans and beaches and BBQs!!

Thanks
    I'm doing a student internship in Prague for 6 weeks, starting mid-June
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Thanks
    Well, I'm going to a fundraiser in a few weeks for a friend from high school who passed away of cancer, and I've been looking for jobs but can't seem to find much luck. I've also made plans to go to Las Vegas. I've never been there before, but I've heard it's the wildest place on Earth. I'll be staying at a resort called the Flamingo and there's a show that takes place there, which some of you may know about called "X Burlesque." I've heard it's pretty good. Has anyone ever been to it? Otherwise, that's about it. Summer always really sucks for me for the most part.

+ Reply to Thread