+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OSCAR DISCUSSION (83rd Academy Awards)

Thanks
    I love James Franco and Anne Hathaway, but i they seemed really nervous and uncomfortable throughout the show. Anne was trying a bit too hard to be funny, and James seemed completely bored.

This years selection of movies beats last year by miles, but i think last years ceremony was much more entertaining and well put together overall. This years show was really awkward at times, and was poorly paced. The only thing i preferred is that they brought back the best original song performances.

Thanks
    Yeah I wasn't a huuuuge fan of Anne and James as hosts. I thought their opening banter was sooo awkward and not funny.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Yeah, it was wicked awkward, haha. Anne was overcompensating and being such and overachiever and James was the exact opposite. Not good at all!

Thanks
    Weirdest Oscars ever! The fact that they kept poking fun at themselves for trying to appeal to a younger audience was PAINFUL to watch and made it that much more awkward! Franco couldn't have looked more stoned

Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the winners. 'The King's Speech', although acted and produced etc. flawlessly was one HELL of a snoozefest. Couldn't even watch it the whole way through! I think its flat out gross that it won best picture! I was seriously hoping 'TSN' would take it home. Easily my favourite of the nominated films, it was spectacular!

Natalie deserved every inch of that gold statuette! <3 She literally covered everyone in her acceptance speech! Though I wish actors and actresses (and anyone involved in films) would give moviegoers/ fans some credit in their speeches. I mean yes, the achievement is yours but who are the people allowing the funding of films to continue? Who are the ones tuning in? Who are the ones that have allowed you to still have a job by going to the movies? I dunno, I just wish that for once someone would acknowledge that fact

SO glad Trent took home best score! The music on 'The Social Network' was just ONE of the many golden moments of the film! I really hope someday soon the Academy gives Fincher credit where credit is due. He's a master of his craft!
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread