+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Are Your New Year's Resolutions?

Thanks

What Are Your New Year's Resolutions?

Mine is to not make promises I can't keep.

Thanks
    My main one is to get a new job. It's more of a goal than a resolution, but it's REALLY important to me. I am miserable at my current job and it affects all areas of my life. So, I just need to keep applying to places and hope that one place wants to hire me. Sooner than later, please!

Also, I feel like I should expand my social circle. My life has gotten boring. I went out NYE and had an AMAZING time and I need to do that more often. I need to act like a 25 year old!

Maybe I can resolve to go on at least one date, haha. I hate dating, but it could turn into something.

Lastly, I need to exercise. I would like to look good for summer. But, I've also eaten like a pig over the holidays and I feel gross so exercise would be very beneficial.

I really think this is going to be a good year for me!

Thanks
    1. Get back into shape! I know this one is so stereotypical, but I'm an avid runner and I was really good about running and being able to do 5-6 miles on a long run if I wanted to until like.... late November? And then I just got sidetracked by my personal life and partying and doing homework that I let myself off waaayyy too easy. The past couple days I've ran like 2 or 2.5 miles which is PATHETIC for me but at least I'm getting back into it.

2. Do more productive things with my free time. When I'm done my homework or don't have anything to do, I'll just sit on my laptop for hours or gossip with my roommates or watch lots of tv... all things that are good, but I really want to try to read more and also LEGITIMATELY learn how to play guitar.

3. Talk about my personal life a little less, lol? I mean I always ramble about it in the Lonely Hearts thread here. And I vent/rant/gush to my roommates a lot too. I especially feel bad because I think it's hard for my roommate who's probably my best friend at school, because she had a verrryyy brief thing with a guy that started when my thing started and she really liked the guy and was uber upset when it ended. So I think I need to be more mindful of the fact that she might not want to hear about the super cute date I went on, even though I'm not trying to rub anything in.

4. Get a 4.0 this semester?! I got all A's and A-'s my freshman year but this past semester I got a B+ and was mad at myself haha, so I really want to push myself to get all A's to offset that... I know those are still good grades and I shouldn't be complaining but I want to strive for the best

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike PP View Post
    Also, I feel like I should expand my social circle. My life has gotten boring. I went out NYE and had an AMAZING time and I need to do that more often. I need to act like a 25 year old!

Maybe I can resolve to go on at least one date, haha. I hate dating, but it could turn into something.

Lastly, I need to exercise. I would like to look good for summer. But, I've also eaten like a pig over the holidays and I feel gross so exercise would be very beneficial.

I really think this is going to be a good year for me!
    I actually agree with yours, I need to act more like a 25 year old, go on a freakin' date and get back into dancing. i think that was my resolution last year

Gretch we like hearing your rambles in Lonely Hearts!

Thanks
    I made a resolution to make no resolutions! This is so I can never disappointment myself!

Thanks
    Mine are:

1. Stop being a people pleaser
    2. Give up black pudding to please Scott
    3. Lose weight (I make this one every year to lose the post-Christmas weight and I'm off to a good start so far)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EryckHappiness For This Useful Post:

Scott (01-09-2011)

Thanks
    I started mine back in October to make sure I could do it and thus wouldn't be letting myself down come new year lol. I've been a veggie for coming up to three months now & have been gumming quite a bit. I need to push myself to finish this year of Uni with the same grades I started with too. I don't look at them as resolutions to do better, I like to think of it of it as a reason to keep going with what im doing.

+ Reply to Thread