+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kindles!

Thanks

Kindles!

Does anyone have a Kindle?? I just ordered one and I can't wait to get it!! They seem so slick and awesome! What books do you have on yours?

Thanks
    My dad got my mom a Nook for Christmas and I got her a cover for it. I know it's not a Kindle, but same thing basically haha. My dad decided the Nook is more simple than the Kindle and my mom is sooooo technologically challenged, the simpler, the better! It's pretty cool... it really doesn't even look like it's an electronic screen!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    They look pretty good, are they expensive?

Thanks
    My mom, who isnt with the technological times, got the Nook for Christmas and she doesnt really like it. I tried fooling around with it..I don't know if I like it or not...still have to pay for shit, which is annoying.

Lansing, Michigan, United States, 1.06102649422E+14, Lansing, Michigan
    Thanks
    I got the second gen version, the one before the current one, shortly after it came out. I love it, great device, it's great for any kind of long form reading, much better than a computer display or even the iPad for long text.

Thanks
    I have a Kindle! My mum ('mom', to you Americans; 'mam' to you fellow northerners; 'grandad' to you strippers' kiddies) gave me it for Christmas... In September. Yeah, she got excited and couldn't wait. Unfortunately for her, I'd just spent 40 GBP (work it out for yourself at http://xe.com/ucc, grandkids) on a load of real life genuine paper books literally a week beforehand so I didn't actually start using the Kindle until a week or two ago, but I absolutely love it. The one and only gripe I have with it is that the page turning buttons are so large that they're easy to hit by accident, but that's absolutely it. I adore it.

The main reason for me getting one is because I don't have room to store physical books and I tend to read them and then either ditch them if I'm in public or on public transport (and try to kid myself the transport's staff won't pick them up and just bin them), or give them to charity shops. I do really, really love the idea that I'm passing on a book to someone else for them to enjoy, but at the end of the day, I'm selfish and I'd rather enjoy it for myself and tell people to go pay for it them‐bastard‐selves.

PS. (Jesus, I don't actually want this to be my thing) The 'pound' symbol doesn't seem to translate properly?

+ Reply to Thread