+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snow!

Thanks
    It's snowing right now!!!! It was flurrying when I went into work at 2:30 this afternoon and I was expecting it to stop after that, but when I went out to my car a little after 10pm, there was a significant coating on the ground and I got soooo excited! We're only supposed to get 1-3 inches total by tomorrow morning, but the first snowfall always gets me so excited! I'm definitely sleeping with the blinds to my windows open tonight

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    It was snowing when I got out of work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Tiffany~ For This Useful Post:

Gretch (12-21-2010)

Thanks
    I used to love snow and I still think it's pretty to look at, but I get so nervous when it actually is snowing and I have to drive in it. I have spun out a few times and it is the scariest thing ever. And we're supposed to get a big snow storm on Monday, I think, so I'll have to go to work in it! SO NERVOUS ALREADY.

But, it's really nice that we have at least a little bit of snow on the ground for Christmas. It puts me in the holiday spirit!

Thanks
    YES I'm the same way, PP!!!! I used to always want the biggest and most epic blizzards ever up until I started driving... now I've had enough scary incidents behind the wheel (sliding up onto a snowbank, almost hitting/being hit by cars on the huge hill near my house, etc.) that it makes me sooooo nervous. I've seriously almost had panic attacks in cars in blizzards.

I'm DEFINITELY working 6-11pm tomorrow, and I'm on-call 4-8pm on Monday and this blizzard is making me nervous just thinking about driving in it! I seriously can't think of anything scarier than driving home by myself in a blizzard at 11:30pm. It takes me about 30 minutes to get home in good weather as it is.

Thanks
    Sooo we might be getting close to 2 feet of snow between now and tomorrow afternoon! I LOVE HUGE BLIZZARDS!!

I'm in such a pickle right now though. The store I work at in the mall is like "YOUR SHIFT STANDS UNLESS THE WHOLE MALL CLOSES EARLY!" which I am just crossinggggg my fingers that it does. Because my dad is VERY against me attempting to drive in a blizzard, as am I. And he won't drive me there and back. Not to mention the fact that they often close off the hill I live on top of during terrible storms because cars roll down it backwards all the time. The police and everyone are saying to stay off the roads by this evening through tomorrow morning, and that the worst of the storm is going to be from like 9pm to 4 or 5am.... and I'm supposed to go fold clothes from 6pm to 11pm? Yeah right. The other girl who's supposed to work at the same time is like "I'm hoping it won't be as bad as they think it will be, my parents are going to drive me..". Making me look bad, lol.

Thanks
    Ugh, good luck, Gretch! I'm excited about it tonight but I'm also nervous about tomorrow morning. Like, terrified, really. Haha. The winds are supposed to be crazy tonight and 2 ft is a LOT of snow for one storm.

Thanks
    I called out since Deval Patrick declared a state of emergency and said only to be on the roads after 3 or 4 if it's an emergency... me folding jeans is not an emergency lol. My dad was like "This is ridiculous, you're NOT driving in to work at a clothes store after it's closed anyway, in this weather...". The manager I spoke to wasn't blatantly nasty to me but I could tell she was really mad. So ridiculous, it's already snowing really hard out and it's only going to get worse. I hope it takes her like 2 hours to get home and then I can be like "HA! Told you so."

Be super careful tomorrow morning, PP! It sounds like it's going to be pretty nasty through most of the morning :/

Thanks
    i hate snow, because where i work they never close

Thanks
    Same here. We only close if the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston closes, which is never because people need money, haha. Ugh. I work in HR! There's no reason why they can't just say, "Oh, PP, you can stay home because it's dangerous out today." BUT NO. They like watching everyone suffer.

Thanks
    Wahhh I live in the deep south so no snow for me

Rock n Roll

+ Reply to Thread