+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Miranda Lambert

Thanks
    "Me And Charlie Talking"

I fell in love with her after the first listen.

Twilight Blend By Dave

Thanks
    ^^ That is my favorite song by her. I loved it the first time I heard it. It is so catchy

Thanks so much Dave!!!!

Thanks
    I just read that columbia is scrapping Crazy Ex Girlfriend completely and is going with Famous In A Small Town as the first single.

I'm extremely pissed about this, because I love CEG and was dying to see a video for it.

Thanks
    And I hear that the album title is now Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

WIERD.

I'm pissed they changed the single and we don't get a spiffy video.

Twilight Blend By Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    And I hear that the album title is now Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

WIERD.

I'm pissed they changed the single and we don't get a spiffy video.
    Aw, I kinda like that as the album title.

Yeah, the song is AMAZING I just think they don't think it's really radio friendly. Maybe that's why the made it Crazy E-G now, so people will listen to that track when they buy the album.

The video to that song would have been AWESOME.

Thanks
    PISSED.

I still love her and cannot wait for this album though.

Twilight Blend By Dave

Thanks
    Apparently she's covering "Getting Ready" by Patty Griffin- it's one of the new songs on "Children Running Through".

Oh, baby, I'm getting ready
    I'm getting ready to let you go
    My hands shake, my heart's unsteady
    Oh, how I once loved you so
    I know all the magic's gone
    Wish I had a magic wand
    I would put a spell on you
    You would see it as I do
    Oh, I'm getting ready to let you go

Oh, baby, you were my drug
    And I was just your cigarette
    I was nothing you could be proud of
    I have lost my self respect
    My self respect, my self respect
    I have lost my self respect

Baby, baby, we got no traction
    I'm just waiting and waiting for your reaction
    So I try a new direction
    I'm gonna give myself a resurrection
    I'm getting ready, I'm getting ready

A little review of Patty's version from writer Grant Alden:
    What could be a pro-forma kiss-off, "Getting Ready" quickly turns from an uptempo crowd-pleaser into an elegant and brutally honest dissection of a failing relationship. And yet remains a crowd-pleaser.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

Ang (01-30-2007)

Thanks
    On the Scene: Miranda Lambert at NYC's Mercury Lounge

Hey, howdy, PopWatchers! While we're on the subject of adorable blond chicks who write pissed-off songs to/about their ex-boyfriends, might I present Exhibit B, Grammy-nominated country chick Miranda Lambert?

I got a last-minute invite to her showcase last night and headed on down to the Mercury Lounge on Houston Street to see my fellow Texan blow through about 45 minutes of both old and new material in a scrubby little low-ceilinged rock club. Weird place for the down-home sound, perhaps (unless we're pronouncing "Houston" proper, not like Manhattanites do, "HOW-ston"), but her bass player was sporting a mohawk and anyway, Miranda's never been a back-porch lemonade party sort of gal. Her breakout single from 2005 was called "Kerosene," a foot-stomping breakup ditty that inspired Blender to write up an entire profile completely misinterpreting the song (it's called a metaphor, kids). And from what I heard yesterday, the new stuff doesn't back down from the manslaughter.

New album due May 1 is called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and after she kicked things off with two tracks off Kerosene ("What About Georgia?" and "New Strings") she launched into the first new song: "Gunpowder and Lead," which features the line, "I wanna show him what little girls are made of," and is mainly about going postal on a man that's done her wrong (and yes, Blender, this time she's being literal). She also pumped out the title track, which you can hear on her MySpace page (although that version omits some of the choicer profanities from the song). It's a little like the Dixie Chicks' "Sin Wagon," except it's about a girl who is most decidedly not having any sex at the moment.

For those trying to picture why all this fire and guns and cussin' is so splendidly incongruous: Imagine cheerleader Hayden Panettiere from Heroes. Now piss her off. Now give her a guitar and a band with a mohawked bass player. This kid's not messing around. There's some Reba in her voice, some Wynonna, a lot of Natalie Mainesóbut there's also some Shelby Lynne and, frankly, just a little Courtney Love. And Miranda's strength lies in her rage: On new ballad "More Like Her," which she played acoustic and alone, her voice was strong and clear, but all the vulnerability all of a sudden seemed a little out of place. That's probably just a function of being in a low-ceilinged rock club and trying to take it down a notch right after playing a song that involved a lot of handgun gestures, but I also can't help but think as she gets older, the ballads will get stronger.

Couple more tracks to look forward to: "Desperation," a driving, finger-pickin' ballad, and "Famous in a Small Town," the most conventionally "country" song of last night's set, but still damn strong. Then she wrapped it all up with her "big ol' top 13 hit," "Kerosene," her blond head cranking up and down over her guitar as the crowd hooted and hollered. On my newly minted concert scale, with 1 being Crucifictorious and 10 being U2 at Irving Plaza, I'm giving Ms. Lambert a solid 6 yee-haws, a score that would be higher had she played a full set. She's on the road with Toby Keith right now; if you can handle his constant threats to put his boot up your ass, that might be worth seeing.

Yeah, I pretty much cannot wait until May 1.

Twilight Blend By Dave

Thanks
    I'm gonna upload Patty Griffin's "Getting Ready" for you guys when I get home so you can hear what the song sounds like. It's pretty rockin'.
    Last edited by Matt S; 02-03-2007 at 06:04 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

Ang (02-03-2007)

Thanks
    Can someone post sum good miranda lambert songs?

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

+ Reply to Thread