+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nadine

Thanks
    It sounds quite 90's. I like the sound of it.

Thanks
    I'm sensing a huge flop coming along

Love the samples though, and Insatiable is still amazing as ever.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Very 90's indeed!

Thanks
    The full album is now out - and it is amazing. Honestly, fantastic. It's looking like it'll barely scrape the Top 40 but this has Number One written all over it. I kind of regret her not taking a major label offer, because this would have been HUGE if she had the traditional backing.

Thoughts:

Runnin': Love this, perfect opening to the album. The hook is SICK. Sounds very 90's, I could totally see Mariah doing this a while back. Class.

Put Your Hands Up: I quite like this for the party song that it is. It does its job and the album wouldn't have been complete without a song like this. Usually this type of thing is very easy to get wrong (see: Cheryl), but it's great.

Chained: I like this but I feel like it's the poor man's Runnin'. Still nice to listen to though, and impressive that the final mix of this song was exactly what Nadine had recorded in her living room on Garage Band.

Insatiable: We know this already!

Red Light: Kind of reminds me of Girls Aloud actually! Really like this. It's very 'Chemistry'-era.

My Sexy Love Affair: This is one of the standouts for me. Her vocals are fucking delectable and I love the sound and the lyrics. It's very old-school. "I suck at math" is the best lyric of the year.

Lullaby: Another favorite of mine! Great lyrics and love the chorus. Again, kind of old school - I can actually see someone like Jojo singing this.

You Are The One: Surprising it took 7 songs for the first ballad to appear - I love that! As far as the song goes - pretty run-of-the-mill ballad, but I like the acoustic guitar throughout.

Natural: First song I don't like at all. It's quite boring and won't be getting much plays from me.

Raw: Now this is the kind ballad I want! Love the chorus and her voice generally.

Rumours: Eh. Not loving this.

Unbroken: I love the voice she uses on this (same as the ones she uses on My Sexy Love Affair). Could listen to this song solely for the vocals.

I'll Make A Man Out of You Yet: Another big ballad, but this one works for me. The production and build up are fantastic.

My favorites are Sexy Love Affair, Runnin', Lullaby, and Put Your Hands Up. I've been a bit harsh on the ballads because I'm not big on them generally, but they are fantastic and world-class. Everyone needs to get their hands on a copy of this album.
    Last edited by Samio; 11-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    Its a bit of a double edged sword though isn't it. Had she taken a major label offer, we probably would not have got this amazing album. If i'm not mistaken, Nadine had a lot of creative control thanks to the deal she has, i'm not sure that she would have been able to make an album like this on a different label. But this album deserves to be taking over the world right now, and Tesco or whatever the fuck she is on don't seem to be doing shit all about that.

Thanks
    Well, this was unexpected.

http://ymlp.com/zxORmf

Thanks
    That is unexpected! I'd actually forgotten about her What happened after the first single?

+ Reply to Thread