+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellen Degeneres to Leave "Idol"/Jennifer Lopez to Join "Idol"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Successful music career? What a joke. She's been more of an actress than a singer. Her albums were flops!!

Steven Tyler is a legit person. Mariah Carey. Whiteny Houston. Hell, EVEN BRITNEY...people will legitimate "background" in years of music. Not someone in and out.

But then again, you're right-what qualifications did Ellen have? Then again, I didn't like her as a judge. I like her as a person, LOVE her show...

But can you imagine any of those people giving valuable critiques?! They've all had major meltdowns, something people on AI should really be trying to steer clear of.

The first qualification to be a judge can't be whether someone has never flopped, it should be about the quality of their comments, right?!

And say what you want about J. Lo's music career, she's had plenty of success and some really great music. Of course not as much recently, but Mariah and Whitney aren't perfeming like they used to either (chartwise or personally.)

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    I used to love Idol, but now when I see it I turn it off. Aside from Kelly and Carrie, no one has truly been successful. Sure Clay, Jennifer, Fantasia and some others have produced SOME stuff. However, when it comes to really lasting its only been those two and even Kelly's falling (I hate to say that because I adore her).

I think last season they set Lee up for failure. They gave him a song that belonged to U2. Why not really give him something for him? I dunno...

Thanks
    Hey Hey Hey, Don't forget about my *Daughtry* But since he got screwed and didn't win, I like to forget he was on at all, and that he's just hot and talented and famous

+ Reply to Thread