+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ellen Degeneres to Leave "Idol"/Jennifer Lopez to Join "Idol"

Thanks

Ellen Degeneres to Leave "Idol"/Jennifer Lopez to Join "Idol"

Ellen DeGeneres won’t be returning to “American Idol” next season.

DeGeneres’ exit is part of the massive “Idol” overhaul currently underway, as Fox and producers FremantleMedia and 19 Ent. look to reboot the popular brand.

DeGeneres said she told Fox and the “Idol” producers months ago that she wasn’t comfortable with returning for a second go-round on the show.

“I told them I wouldn’t leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next,” DeGeneres said. “ It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for.”

The departure is said to be mutual, as DeGeneres opts to devote her attention to her popular daytime “Ellen DeGeneres Show” -- which is now on track to fill the syndicated talk show void left by the departure next year of “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”

Read more: http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_ai...#ixzz0v7SltLQO
    Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.
    Um...good. I like Ellen a lot, but she was a terrible judge.

Thanks
    And now Jennifer Lopez is in?

Jennifer Lopez has inked a deal to join American Idol‘s judging panel for its upcoming 10th season, according to a Deadline Hollywood report. The news dropped just hours after Ellen DeGeneres confirmed her exit from the show, despite having only served one year of a reported multi-season deal.

Lopez served as an Idol mentor on Latin night during the show’s sixth season, garnering generally positive reviews for her warm, candid style, and her ability to extract a not entirely terrible performance of “Bésame Mucho” from widely maligned contestant Sanjaya Malakar.

A Fox spokesperson declined to comment on the reported deal with Lopez. Calls and emails to Fremantle Media, American Idol spokespersons, and Lopez’s reps were not immediately returned.
    This just might be a win. I think Jennifer will be great and it could revitalize her career!

Thanks
    To be honest, I only watched parts of the finale last year. I didn't care for the show, and I didn't care for the kids on there. Plus waiting for all 4 of those judges to talk was ridiculous. I really think it's losing steam, and with Simon gone it's gonna be rough. Maybe the new season will catch my attention, but I'm not counting on it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Angel (07-31-2010)

Thanks
    Oh, "Idol" is definitely going down. I just hope that these changes will allow the show to go out with some dignity because it's been a great run.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Angel (07-31-2010), IStillLoveJ&B (07-30-2010)

Thanks
    I think JLo would be great on it!
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Thanks
    JLo as a judge? Seriously? She can't even judge her own singing, much less someone else's. This show is sooooo over. They might as well just stop it totally. It'll "be back" in 5 years with a new name....

Lana is offline i'm gonna fight for you tonight. close your eyes. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Thanks
    To be honest, I don't really see the appeal of Ellen or Jennifer Lopez as a judge. Ellen doesn't have an extensive background in music and Jennifer Lopez can barely sing her way out of a paper bag. They should really reconsider.

Chalk it up to lessons learned
    Miles walked and bridges burned
    Just another memory in the back of my mind
    Lock it up, throw away the key
    Forget the things you promised me
    Just another thing I can't forget
    Just another thing I won't forget

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lana For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (08-02-2010)

Thanks
    Because Paula Abdul is such a gifted vocalist...?

Maybe Jennifer Lopez doesn't have the widest vocal range, but she's had a successful career in music...something that tons of very gifted singers will never achieve. I don't think her vocal talent is the most important thing here, it's going to be what she has to offer in terms of constructive criticism.

That being said, I think Idol should have ended after the first season haha, I haven't watched it since.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    Successful music career? What a joke. She's been more of an actress than a singer. Her albums were flops!!

Steven Tyler is a legit person. Mariah Carey. Whiteny Houston. Hell, EVEN BRITNEY...people will legitimate "background" in years of music. Not someone in and out.

But then again, you're right-what qualifications did Ellen have? Then again, I didn't like her as a judge. I like her as a person, LOVE her show...

Thanks
    I found out about Ellen leaving while on the streets of NYC camping out for Carrie on the Today Show, and clearly that crowd of people had a lot to say about the matter and people were freaking out lol, kind of amusing.

I'm just really sad that Idol is going downhill and changing so much. Even if the show goes on for a few more seasons, it's really the end of an era. Idol has meant a lot to me over the years

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-08-2010)

+ Reply to Thread