+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hangovers.

Thanks

Hangovers.

Do you get bad hangovers? Headaches? Nausea? Puking?

I've only really been drinking for about a year now, and I'm pretty sure I get worse hangovers than most people. The other night I had probably between 4-6 shots worth of vodka (which is enough to get me verrryyy drunk haha ) and then I woke up and felt kind of nauseous, and finally like 2 or 3 hours after I woke up I started feeling worse and worse and eventually I puked, but there was like nothing in my system to even puke up. And I've forced it back down a few other times I probably *should have* puked.

I've only puked one other time due to drinking but that was after I had a lot of 151 rum too fast, ughh. I'm pretty sure hard liquor literally just upsets my stomach. Because I've never drank enough where I would be throwing up because of like, alcohol poisoning or anything. And I usually try to wait to go to sleep until I'm pretty sobered up and have had a good amount of water. But sometimes if I have a strong drink that has vodka or rum in it, or try to do shots, it feels like the high alcohol content is just upsetting my stomach.

But I basically allllways am nauseous in the morning. Usually kind of headache-y too but never anything super bad.
    ________
    PENNY STOCKS
    Last edited by Gretch; 02-17-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    It depends on what I drink. I'm pretty good with vodka and wine, but tequila just KILLS me even if I only have a little bit to drink. I got sick off of rum once so I have not had rum since. I've only gotten sick twice...both times in college. If I get a hangover it's usually not too, too bad. I don't drink a ton now, so it's been a while since I've had so much to drink that I get a hangover, haha.
    ________
    Vaporizer affiliate program

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-27-2010)

Thanks
    I barely ever drink. One time around two years ago I drank a lot of alcohol and got drunk right away. I was disoriented, threw up, and passed out.
    ________
    FORD E83W PICTURE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Tiffany~ For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-27-2010)

Thanks
    If I just drink beer, I don't suffer the consequences. However if I drink mixed drinks or hard liquor, ekkk! Thats why I always take advil/aspirin or two before I go to bed!!!!!
    ________
    Chrysler Pacifica (1999 Concept Vehicle) History

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onyxmaza For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-27-2010)

Thanks
    Omg I get some disastrous hangovers! Like every symptom from photosensitivity, nausea, headaches, dehydration, vomiting etc. etc. I don't really do beer so Im usually drinking hard liquor, namely Rum so In general I don't get that many hangovers since clear booze is less harsh than coloured but every so often I'll get it BAAD. I try and make sure I down about a litre of water before going to bed when Im drunk enough to remember Its hard to do after an entire night of drinking...and it makes for one UNCOMFORTABLE morning but it really helps me!

One thing that really DOES make that much of a difference is making sure you've had a nice full meal beforehand!
    ________
    Jalpa
    Last edited by Gretch; 02-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    I dont get hangovers hahahahah sorry <3

I can drink and drink and drink and I've never thrown up or felt anything more than tired the morning after.

I do try and drink a bunch of water throughout the night though which might help.
    ________
    Ford xa falcon specifications
    Last edited by Gretch; 02-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    oh i can't eat anything after I get wasted, it will (85&#37; of the time) come back out! lolz
    ________
    Digital scales
    Last edited by Gretch; 02-17-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Omg I get some disastrous hangovers! Like every symptom from photosensitivity, nausea, headaches, dehydration, vomiting etc. etc. I don't really do beer so Im usually drinking hard liquor, namely Rum so In general I don't get that many hangovers since clear booze is less harsh than coloured but every so often I'll get it BAAD. I try and make sure I down about a litre of water before going to bed when Im drunk enough to remember Its hard to do after an entire night of drinking...and it makes for one UNCOMFORTABLE morning but it really helps me!

One thing that really DOES make that much of a difference is making sure you've had a nice full meal beforehand!
    Yes definitely about the eating... drinking on an empty stomach neverrrr ends well!!! But I think it's interesting you say clear booze is less harsh because vodka is usually my alcohol of choice/convenience and I still get nasty hangovers from it haha. I'd say beer is what gives me the least nasty hangovers. But I really haven't had enough different types of alcohol yet to know anythingp ast that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I dont get hangovers hahahahah sorry <3

I can drink and drink and drink and I've never thrown up or felt anything more than tired the morning after.

I do try and drink a bunch of water throughout the night though which might help.
    I'm so jealous! I have a few friends who are like that too, they just NEVER puke due to drinking.

I think part of my problem is that I just have a sensitive stomach in general. I wouldn't care that much if I could bounce back quickly, but whenever I throw up, my stomach feels funky for DAYS. It's been that way my whole life, whether I puke from drinking, a stomach virus, etc. Like I only puked ONCE on Sunday afternoon and it wasn't even a lot, I barely had anything in my stomach, and my stomach still felt kind of "off" through last night (Tuesday!). I wouldn't care as much about hangovers or puking in general if I could just puke once and get on with my life and feel better in a couple hours like most people, but I'm seriously down for the count for the rest of that entire day and still not eating normally for at least another day or two after that.
    ________
    Buy easy vape vaporizer

Thanks
    I haven't had an AWFUL hangover since 30th December 2007, where I ended up collapsing outside my house in a pile of my own vomit and waking up there in the morning. This was because of Jack Daniels... Haven't touched the stuff since! This is also the only night out I can't remember a thing after a certain time which is just really scary for me.

Nowadays, I pretty much know my limits. Even though I always mix my drinks... I go onto water before I get to the 'ill' feeling of being drunk. So I'm usually pretty hydrated in the morning when I wake up anyway.

OH about being sick when drunk, it makes everything OK again doesn't it. LMAO I remember speaking to this girl outside a bar and she was like '... gonna be sick' and she was, and then she was perfectly fine after haha.
    ________
    CLEAR TRICHOMES

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I haven't had an AWFUL hangover since 30th December 2007, where I ended up collapsing outside my house in a pile of my own vomit and waking up there in the morning. This was because of Jack Daniels... Haven't touched the stuff since! This is also the only night out I can't remember a thing after a certain time which is just really scary for me.

Nowadays, I pretty much know my limits. Even though I always mix my drinks... I go onto water before I get to the 'ill' feeling of being drunk. So I'm usually pretty hydrated in the morning when I wake up anyway.

OH about being sick when drunk, it makes everything OK again doesn't it. LMAO I remember speaking to this girl outside a bar and she was like '... gonna be sick' and she was, and then she was perfectly fine after haha.
    Ahhh that's scary!!! I've never not remembered large amounts of time due to drinking (KNOCK ON WOOD!)... there have been times someone will mention like a single event or something someone said the night before and I won't remember it or it will take a lot of prompting for me to, but it's never anything major.

And LOL about the girl... I know quite a few people like that! I know a couple of guys who will throw up and then keep going... WTF!
    ________
    Chrysler Ad Platform

+ Reply to Thread