+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running to the Future

Thanks

Running to the Future

Where do you see yourself in five years? Or ten years, even? What goals do you want to accomplish? And, do you think you will accomplish them?

Thanks
    I'm not sure yet. I'm still figuring myself out, which is kinda sad at 25.

Hopefully by August I'll be teaching. I would like to do that for a LONG time. I want to be married in 10 years, for sure. I want to have one kid in 10 years, minimum, for sure. I'm debating a Ph. D, but I don't think I'll do it. Um...when I retire from teaching, I'd like to open my own business. Not sure what kind, but I want to.

There's so many things I want to do in life and there's never enough time.

Thanks
    Well, I will be moving away at the end of summer/early fall. I hope to get married in the next 5 years.

Thanks
    In 5 years, I'll be 24... AHHH!!! I'll have been done with my undergraduate stuff for a couple of years. I hope I'll be living in Nashville, doing something with country music or just the entertainment business in general. I would like to start thinking about getting in a serious relationship by then... I think I'll probably want to be single for my first year or two in a new city.

In 10 years, I'll be 30 (AHHH!!!!). I think by then I really want to be married and with a stable job that I love, still in Nashville and in the entertainment business. I think I'll be starting to think seriously about kids by then I don't want to have kids too young but I don't want to wait until much into my 30's to start having them.
    Last edited by Gretch; 07-19-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Gretch, I can't believe you're talking about being 20 and 30! It seems like no time since you were 14 and being "protected" from the darker and dirtier goings-on at TMR....

I'll be 30 next year. I never expected to get to that age, and never really wanted to, but people keep telling me I'm still young. In fact some people have been saying that a woman doesn't reach her peak till she's 34... and that's 5 years away, so maybe I should stick around and see if a lot of good things start to happen.

I work as a landscaper now, but it's terribly hard work for a girl, the days are looooong, and my hands are wrecked. I can't see myself still doing the same work in 5 years. I don't think I'd be able to. So maybe I'll start looking for larger contracts and hiring some employees, or I could try to get a job as an instructor on courses in horticulture. There is another alternative...

In my personal life, I've been in a steady relationship and living with my girlfriend for a couple of years now. She's an executive and well-paid so it's assumed that if one of us is gonna start having babies and maybe be a stay-at-home mom, it'll be me. We've only talked (and talked!) about this, but we haven't looked into the practicalities of actually doing it, and in the past when my BF wanted babies and we did try, it never happened, so..... maybe I can't have them.

I dunno... I don't have a clear picture of where I'll be in 5 years. It all looks so confusing and unsettling and somewhat worrying.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennifer For This Useful Post:

Angel (07-18-2010), Gretch (07-19-2010), Neil (07-19-2010)

Thanks
    Jeeeze I hate the future.

in 5 years...I will be 26...jjjjjjjeeeeeeezeeeee lol. I hope my business will have continued to grow to the point where its fully functioning with more staff and it's a success. I will have my Masters and I hope I can back away from my business for a bit and do my Masters of teaching. I also hope to either be in a steady relationship or married.

In 10 years... I will be 31...jeeze. I hope my business is taking ovdere the world and I hope to be able to start teaching part-time at a college or at least do something in that area. By this point I want a little baby and a husband for sure

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Gretch, I can't believe you're talking about being 20 and 30! It seems like no time since you were 14 and being "protected" from the darker and dirtier goings-on at TMR....

I'll be 30 next year. I never expected to get to that age, and never really wanted to, but people keep telling me I'm still young. In fact some people have been saying that a woman doesn't reach her peak till she's 34... and that's 5 years away, so maybe I should stick around and see if a lot of good things start to happen.

I work as a landscaper now, but it's terribly hard work for a girl, the days are looooong, and my hands are wrecked. I can't see myself still doing the same work in 5 years. I don't think I'd be able to. So maybe I'll start looking for larger contracts and hiring some employees, or I could try to get a job as an instructor on courses in horticulture. There is another alternative...

In my personal life, I've been in a steady relationship and living with my girlfriend for a couple of years now. She's an executive and well-paid so it's assumed that if one of us is gonna start having babies and maybe be a stay-at-home mom, it'll be me. We've only talked (and talked!) about this, but we haven't looked into the practicalities of actually doing it, and in the past when my BF wanted babies and we did try, it never happened, so..... maybe I can't have them.

I dunno... I don't have a clear picture of where I'll be in 5 years. It all looks so confusing and unsettling and somewhat worrying.
    I know, I can't believe how old I've gotten in the past few years either Karen! It's crazy to think about how much I've changed since I started posting at WOB and stuff.

But I was totally jumping the gun... I'll be 24 and 29 in 5 and 10 years lol, I don't know why I was acting like I'm already 20 in my post. Oh well.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I can see in five years starting my own recording company and having eveyrthig I need to make my own music and sending out demo's. (Releasing singles, touring, releasing albums often, getting more fans, doing photoshoots et cetera)

and in ten years I can see myself continuing on that route, But BETTER!

No detail. What-so-ever but that's my plan!

and personally I can see myself having a kid when I'm after 27 years old maybe and maybe married too.
    Depends how it all pans out!
    I'm only 19. The world is at my feet. I will not mess it up for myself!

BritneyFanForever

+ Reply to Thread