+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Despicable Me

Thanks

Despicable Me

OMG.

Saw it at the drive-in last night... SO HILARIOUS! I can't wait to see it again. My friends and I kept quoting "IT'S SOOO FLUFFY!" and "DOES THIS COUNT AS AN ANNOYING SOUND?!"

Anyone else seen it or planning to? I definitely reccomend it!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Angel (07-16-2010)

Thanks
    I saw it yesterday with my friends. For the past few weeks we have been quoting "it's so fluffy" and "does this count annoying". It's so cute. I heard there already planning Despicable me 2 movie.

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arti For This Useful Post:

Angel (07-16-2010)

Thanks
    ahhh I want to see this soooo bad!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (07-20-2010)

Thanks
    To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. Some of my favourite movies of all time are animated, and I really think Pixar has upped the ante when it comes to creating emotional, hilarious, and all around entertaining animated movies...this had some good parts, but there was no part where I really felt like it came full circle. The evil woman who ran the home for girls never got what she deserved (for a minute I thought she and Gru would fall in love, since they are both evil haha.) Vector and his dad never had their big final moment...etc. It seemed to have just a bit too much going on, good for the little kids and keeping them occupied, but not really enough for me to grab onto and get me really invested in the story.

After Toy Story 3 (which wasn't even close to Pixar's best, but was still much better than Despicable Me) and How To Train Your Dragon (a movie I've seen 3 times and it makes me sob uncontrollably every time) I was expecting this to be really really good...and it was just ok. Too bad, because the voices are all really good actors (on that note, why did Kenneth from 30 Rock play two parts? That was weird.)

EDIT: Ok that sounds a bit more negative than I feel, I thought I was going to pee my pants when she said "It's so big and fluffy I'm going to DIE"

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    Yeah, I get what you're saying Brett! It certainly was no Toy Story, A Bug's Life, or Finding Nemo. But I thought it was really funny. I think I wasn't dissapointed because I wasn't expecting anything RIDICULOUSLY amazing... there didn't seem to be a tonnnnn of buzz around it, and I hadn't seen every trailer a million times or anything like that.
    ________
    CANNABIS SEEDS
    Last edited by Gretch; 02-17-2011 at 01:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread