+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm going to CMA Fest next week, WOOHOO!!

Thanks

I'm going to CMA Fest next week, WOOHOO!!

Has anyone ever been? Or been to any other big music festivals, or have plans to hit any up this summer?

I am SO excited. I'm obviously a huge country fan and have intentions of possibly moving to Nashville to work in the country music industry, so I am beyond thrilled to go there for the first time!

My tentative schedule is craaaazy though... so many shows to see and people to try to meet!!! My week goes something like this:

Monday, June 7th
    * City of Hope Charity softball game... tons of people playing in it... Carrie, Julianne Hough, Chuck Wicks, Love & Theft, Vince Gill, Glorianna, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, and some lesser known people

Tuesday, June 8th
    *Carrie's Fan Club Party! There will probably be 800-1000 people there, it's free to all Fan Club members, and she performs like 10 songs, does giveaways, Q&As, etc. They also give you free t-shirts and last year she signed EVERYONE's lanyard.

*Grand Ole Opry show! (Not at the Opry House, which is still in repairs since the flood So bummed I won't see the Opry House, and I have really bad seats haha). But it's Carrie, Josh Turner, Steel Magnolia, and Trisha Yearwood

Wednesday, June 9th
    *CMT AWARDS!!!!!! We have mosh section tickets, so we will be standing on the floor right by the stage! Sooo many people will be performing or appearing, and Kid Rock is hosting.

Thursday, June 10th
    * 1st night of the official "CMA FEST" concerts... Alan Jackson, Danny Gokey, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood

Friday, June 11th
    *Concert night #2... Josh Turner, Julianne Hough, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, & a surprise guest which will most likely be Taylor Swift!

Saturday, June 12th
    *Concert night #3... Billy Currington, Easton Corbin, Martina McBride, Randy Houser, Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown Band

Sunday, June 13th
    *Taylor Swift Day!!!!!!! She is signing/ "hanging out" with fans for 13 hours this day! From like 7am to 8pm or something like that... she's signing/doing pictures, having an accoustic show, and some other stuff. So I will almost definitely get to meet her

*Concert night #4... Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Justin Moore, Kellie Pickler, Trace Adkins

And then, I'm not sure of the days/times yet but we're hopefully going to do the Meet & Greets/Autograph lines for Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, and possibly Julianne Hough and/or Tim McGraw!

I am SOOO excited. But I'm going to get next to NO sleep.. whenever someone's signing, you basically have to camp out on the streets the night before. So we're basically going to leave LP Field where the nightly concerts are, and then go get in line at the convention center, where say, Kellie Pickler, will be signing the next afternoon . We're planning on getting inflatable poor air mattresses and bringing pillows from the hotel to sleep with though hahahah.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    That is beyond awesome. I hope to see a full report and tons of pics when you get back. I am pretty sure that is where one of my friends go every year, and she is all sorts of pics on her facebook from all the awesome people she met. That is so great you get to go

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Gretch (06-06-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IStillLoveJ&B View Post
    That is beyond awesome. I hope to see a full report and tons of pics when you get back. I am pretty sure that is where one of my friends go every year, and she is all sorts of pics on her facebook from all the awesome people she met. That is so great you get to go
    THANKS! I leave really early tomorrow morning. I'm bringing my laptop but I probably won't have much time to pop on here. However, expect SO MANY PICTURES AND STORIES WHEN I COME BACK!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-06-2010)

Thanks
    Sounds fun, I'm sure you'll have the time of your life!

Thanks
    I 100% did, oh my gosh. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. Everyone in that city was SO nice and friendly. I met so many cool people there, and so many celebrities... I can't even keep track of how many people I slapped hands with and were right in front of me, on top of meeting Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler, Julianne Hough, Tim McGraw, and others!!!! And there's just live music in every club and bar going up and down Broadway. I want to go back there, and even live there, SO badly! The only thing I didn't like was the heat... it was hotter than anything I've ever experienced, like 95-100 a few days in a row in blazing hot sun.

Thanks
    Gretch hanging out with all the celebs. Did you meet Carrie again?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Gretch hanging out with all the celebs. Did you meet Carrie again?
    No! I'm so bummed. The people I went with this year met her 5 (FIVE!) times last year and I didn't get to meet her once this year. Last year she signed autographs for almost the entire celebrity softball game and only played a couple innings, but this year she played the majority of the game and only signed autographs for probably a total of 20-25 minutes and it wasn't near my section. And then last year she signed for 4 hours at the Convention Center where all the meet & greets are, but since she's on tour this year she didn't have time to do that.

Oh well... I'm so excited I met Taylor Swift and the other people I met. And I did have some cool Carrie moments... during her Opry performance, my friend and I were RIGHT up front SCREAMING the lyrics and dancing like crazy, and she kept looking down and laughing/smiling at us, I think she thought we were drunk . And then at the CMT Awards, we yelled her name, waved, and told her good luck right before her performance, and she gave us two thumbs up, smiled, did a little shimmy and was like "I'M READY!" haha. So that was pretty awesome!

Thanks
    Your pics were amazing!! I loved your Taylor story, so rocks, what a sweet girl! Sucks about Carrie, but I am glad you had some awesome Carrie moments, the little shimmy and the "I'm ready" sounds adorable!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Gretch (06-19-2010)

+ Reply to Thread