+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Life Changes

Thanks
    Things finally seem to be changing with my life and Im thrilled and totally anxious. I've been stuck here in Mexico doing diddley squat since grad. in 2006 (and it drove me insane!) and right now Im just waiting it out to hear back from a college just in the outskirts of Boston. If I get accepted (and not trying to be cocky, but Im almost positive I will) I'd be moving up there at the end of August/beginning of September and pretty much tackling an entire new life and chapter in my life!

I'd also have somewhat o a part-time job whilst Im up there. I'd get one immense scholarship that includes room and board but in some form of retribution I have to work a specific amount of hours to basically 'make it up'. It shouldn't be too arduous, probably just tedious
    - D A V E -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

ImpossibleSecret (06-13-2010)

Thanks
    ^Would be like a "work study"?? Those are popular in financial aid packages in the U.S.... most of the jobs are just like busy work in offices around campus, haha. But never anything too terribly difficult.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    ^Would be like a "work study"?? Those are popular in financial aid packages in the U.S.... most of the jobs are just like busy work in offices around campus, haha. But never anything too terribly difficult.
    Yep, its basically work study! Haha couldn't think of the term before ( I know ). My sister did it here in their Mexico campus and (though the workload is obviously less here since they only have like...20-30 students ) she said it was basically helping with files and basic tasks you'd have an assistant/secretary do for you so it won't kill me!
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    um...we better hang out, bitch! (@ Dave)

Jellybean, CONGRATULATIONS on your baby!!! How exciting!!!

Andrew, so AWESOME! Good luck in the new place. Moving somewhere new and decorating is so much fun!

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    seems like alot of us have something in our lives changing!

Im in this dilemma... I got a cat of my own 2 years ago.. he is MINE there is no question about it.. he tolerates my parents, lol. I always figured okay i no i wont be at home too much longer but ill always take him with me when i do move out... but now that the time has come ive realized that even though i want him with me he is probably best stay here.. he is an outdoor cat that LOVES to be outside most of the time and he likes things the way they are... but i dont want him to think im leaving him and have me forget about him, hes my baby .. but at the new place id be working all day and its not a horrible location for a cat.. im just scared that if i do end up taking him hed get lost or killed...

& Gretch im going to be working in the lab at the hospital as a Clinical Lab Technician
    This happened to me when I moved up to Boston from Miami. I left my chihuahua behind because she would have not tolerated the heat...plus, with my crazy lifestyle, I don't think I could have given her the attention she deserves. I left her at home with my parents...whenever I come down to visit, she still jumps and gets excited. I guess she didn't for get me after almost a year!

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    So after graduating high school a few years ago and taking a break from education, I have decided to go to college. I am not sure where I will be going, but it will probably be somewhere in Florida. I would like to take a music course (for vocals), but you have to audition for ANY type of music course and I feel hesitant about that. I do not have a bad voice and I am a good singer, but I feel like you have to be pretty special to get into that type of course. I'd just be going to a regular university not a music school, so I don't think you have to be that great. lol I don't really know though.

My plan is to either just go for it or to take another course just so I can get into the school and then focus on music the 2nd semester. Anyways, it is too late for the fall, so I'll be applying to schools that accept new students during the winter/spring (January).
    Oh yeah. I hate that. I know I'm not bad, but I'm still terrified of the whole audition thing. For no reason though I'm not bad.

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

BritneyFanForever

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ImpossibleSecret For This Useful Post:

Jonny (06-14-2010)

+ Reply to Thread