+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Think This Is Distrubing or Not?

Thanks

Question Do You Think This Is Distrubing or Not?

I can't decide. As some of you know, one of my friends who was a deputy passed away. Well apparently, the funeral services were broadcast on their local tv station in their city... and it is now available to watch online.

I know things like weddings and stuff are now being put online, so those who were not able to attend are still able to kind of be a part of it, and I think that is amazing.

But do you think it's disturbing or not that the same thing was done for a funeral? I know it's a different kind of scenario, because it wasn't that the family had it filmed and put it on youtube or anything like that... it is just available online because it was shown on tv because it was a local deputy. I am asking on this random subject because I am not sure how I feel about it...

Thanks
    I think funerals should be personal. When my dad passed away, we had a lot of people who wanted to "say goodbye" (even the people who sold us the car) and I just simply had to say no. It's the last time you'll ever "see" that person and unless you have a real connection, it shouldn't be out for the world to see. That's just my feel on it. I would hate to see random people just show "just to show"...ya know? I could understand if they live overseas or something, but you get EXTREMELY low priced air ticket prices for things like that. :-/ I dunno. I'd feel slightly offended-but that's me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (05-07-2010)

Thanks
    I was surprised when I found out it was televised. To be honest with you 90 percent of the people knew him, or at the very least worked for a department like CHP, LASD, etc etc. However it was open to the public. I do know some citizens of the city wanted to show their support, which was nice. I understand he was Deputy, so in a sense it's kind of like a "public figure" even though it's not someone who is wildy known or something. So I can see how it is different... but I just thought it was kind of odd that I could click on the video and watch it... but then apparently there were so many people showing up that everyone couldn't get in (over 800 people were there) and so maybe it is nice they can still see it even though they couldn't get in? I am just so conflicted. But I never imagined that you would be able to watch such a service on the internet...So weird. :-/

Thanks
    Well it kinda reminds me of Presidents/MJ/Diana....they show the hurst being moved and all but they don't show the burial or the open casket. I dunno...............I didn't watch any of the above, nor will I ever. Funerals are just so personal...it's your final goodbye.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It does seem weird to me, it should be a private thing. I've only ever been to one and imagining it being online is disturbing. It's sacred.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread