+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kylie Minogue "Aphrodite"

Thanks
    Ugh, so apparently the Kylie.com presale started at 9:00am GMT, which means that it actually started at 4:00am here! So by the time i tried to get tickets there had been a good 5 hours for everyone who knew about this to buy tickets!

Luckily, I somehow ended up with row N on the floor, but i feel like it probably would have been better to get seats on the side, because i might have been closer. oh, i got tickets so i am happy.

Thanks
    I got up at 1am and bought my tickets. I wasn't about to pay $250 per ticket for the front sections, so I got the second section - dead center. Sad I'm not closer, but glad I got seats since they were sold out a couple hours later.

Nothing will beat seeing her at the Pearl in Vegas in 2009. Intimate venue, dance floor, not packed, amazing show. It was unreal.

Thanks
    I just got back from Montreal after seeing Kylie last night!

It was nothing short of epic! Absolutely one of the best shows i have ever seen. I wasn't sure it would happen, but it beat the first time i saw Kylie. The show was all around fantastic, so well put together, non-stop energy. The pacing of the show was impeccable. Every song, and every set flowed so perfectly from one to the next. I thought i would be missing the oldies, since this is a very Parlophone heavy setlist, but it all worked so well together that i didn't even notice that anything was missing.

I was worried about the fact that the show would be a scaled down version of the UK tour, and i was especially worried after seeing videos from her concert in Japan, which was so scaled down it looked like a black box with some step ladders on it. But i was not disappointed. The stage was essentially the exact same as the UK stage, it just didn't have the catwalk, or water fountains.

The only thing that could be considered a bit of a disappointment for me, though its not really a big deal, was that she did "Your Disco Needs You" as the request. Its a great song, but thats the same song she did in the request section for the Toronto show in 2009. I would have liked something else (Hand On Your Heart, preferably...and she almost did it too!), but it is what it is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

N8 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    Sounds amazing Chris! I see her in 19 days and I can hardly wait! I've been avoiding all pictures and videos.

She did the same song when I saw her in 2009 as well. Hoping for something different.

+ Reply to Thread