+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Earth Shattering Revelation: Ricky Martin is a Gay

Thanks

An Earth Shattering Revelation: Ricky Martin is a Gay

A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And thisis something worth celebrating.

For many years, there has been only one place where I am in touch with my emotions fearlessly and that's the stage. Being on stage fills my soul in many ways, almost completely. It's my vice. The music, the lights and the roar of the audience are elements that make me feel capable of anything. This rush of adrenaline is incredibly addictive. I don't ever want to stop feeling these emotions. But it is serenity that brings me to where I'm at right now. An amazing emotional place of comprehension, reflection and enlightenment. At this moment I'm feeling the same freedom I usually feel only on stage, without a doubt, I need to share.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.

If someone asked me today, "Ricky, what are you afraid of?" I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war...child slavery, terrorism...the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith." But fear of my truth? Not at all! On the contrary, It fills me with strength and courage. This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment.

These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed.

What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution.

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.

RM

http://rickymartinmusic.com/portal/n...sp?item=114532
    Props to him for coming out publicly, though! It's really nicely written too.

Thanks
    Yeah I don't think anyone is surprised at this point, really. I wish he'd done it while he was still somewhat relevant.

Good for him though, and he is pretty gorgeous.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    I honestly thought he'd publicly come out a while back.

Thanks
    Such a beautifully written letter. I love it.

Brett, Ricky Martin is one of the greatest stars in the Spanish speaking world. He is still very relevant.

Britney Fan Forever.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mario For This Useful Post:

Ale (03-30-2010), Nico (04-01-2010)

Lana is offline i'm gonna fight for you tonight. close your eyes. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Thanks
    That's great news. Truly.

Chalk it up to lessons learned
    Miles walked and bridges burned
    Just another memory in the back of my mind
    Lock it up, throw away the key
    Forget the things you promised me
    Just another thing I can't forget
    Just another thing I won't forget

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Ricky Martin is one of the greatest stars in the Spanish speaking world. He is still very relevant.
    Thank you.

And yeah we all knew about this already, but I guess it's good he felt strong enough to announce it to the world once and for all. Good for him, he's a GREAT guy

Thanks
    I love him even more now I knew this a while back but it must've been hard for him since he publicly dated Rebeca de Alba for a long ass time.

Thanks
    I really thought he had already come out when he adopted those twins lol. Well, congrats to him for coming out!!!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    He didn't adopt them. He used a surrogate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Brett, Ricky Martin is one of the greatest stars in the Spanish speaking world. He is still very relevant.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish someone would have the balls to come out before/during their greatest commercial success. Ricky was never going to top La Vida Loca whether he came out or not...it would have been great to see him rise to stardom as someone who was comfortable with his sexuality. You know?

And you know what I mean! When was his last single? Can you sing it for me? How many albums did he sell? Who will care if he ever releases something else? Relevance is a fickle thing, as Britney fans we should all know that.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

+ Reply to Thread