+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confirmed: Simon Cowell Is Engaged

Thanks

Confirmed: Simon Cowell Is Engaged

Source: Usmagazine.com

Simon Cowell is finally settling down.

The feisty American Idol judge, 50, is engaged to makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy, multiple insiders confirm to UsMagazine.com. When approached for comment, Cowell's rep told Us, "Simon does not discuss his private life."

Hussainy also confirmed the news to RadarOnline.com earlier Friday.

Cowell recently dodged engagement rumors.

"I spoke to Simon in London yesterday afternoon, just before he took his flight back to LA," his longtime publicist and close friend Max Clifford told Us Feb. 18. "I asked him: 'Look, are you engaged? Is it true?,' and he said, 'No! No. I'm not engaged.'"

But Clifford told Us Cowell and Hussainy, 36, were "an item" and were "happy."

Cowell brought Hussainy as his date to his 50th birthday party in London last October -- weeks after splitting from longtime girlfriend Terri Seymour, according to British reports.

He even gushed about the Afghanistan-born Hussainy during a recent television interview with Piers Morgan.

"I'm smitten with Mezghan, I think she's the one," he said. "She's very special ... You know when you've found somebody very special."

He also said he is open to parenthood. "I think I need to have little Simons around," he remarked.

In January, Cowell - who raked in $75 million last year, making him Forbes' top earning man on prime-time U.S. television -- announced he is leaving Idol to launch a U.S. Version of his hit British singing show The X-Factor in 2011.

-------------------------------------------------------

It's Official! Simon Cowell Engaged, His Fiancee Tells RadarOnline

Source: Radaronline.com

It’s official. Simon Cowell is getting married!

Beautiful Mezhgan Hussainy told RadarOnline.com exclusively that she and Simon are officially engaged.

Until now, there have been only whispers and rumors about the couple possibly getting married -- but their plans have been a secret.

But, gorgeous brunette Mezhgan told RadarOnline.com’s executive vice president David Perel that indeed, she and Simon are getting married.

Sporting a beautiful sparkling engagement ring, Mezhgan was all smiles as she told RadarOnline.com exclusively that the couple, who are living together, are officially engaged.

They met on American Idol several years ago and what began as friendship grew into love after Simon’s previous relationship ended.

And the wedding date? Well, we promised we wouldn’t give everything away, but let’s just say don’t put off shopping for their wedding gift too long. After all, Simon is a man of action, as his stunning decision to leave American Idol and bring X-Factor to America proves.

Mezhgan, 36, is an Afghanistan native and has been dating Simon for nearly a year, according to previous statement’s by Simon’s publicist Max Clifford.

“They are very suited,” Clifford said earlier. “She is someone who is independent and says what she thinks and feels, and he likes that. He's probably the happiest I have ever known him in the nine years I've been working with him."

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I actually believe any of this

But if it's true, then congrats to them.

Thanks
    Is this the same woman he broke up with a while ago or someone new?

Thanks
    ^Someone new.. Terry Seymour was his long term gf of like 5 years or something, and he wouldn't settle down. If I were her, I'd be pissseed

Thanks
    ^ Really, why couldn't he settle down with her? Stupid men. I'd be pissed too.

Congrats to Simon, I guess.

Thanks
    Maybe she just wasn't the right one and now he's found her! But yeah the other woman must be pretty miffed by this!

+ Reply to Thread