+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TFZ Movie Club Week 1: 'Life As A House' (2001)

Thanks
    Yaay haha glad you enjoyed it, too

Okay, so Im not sure if we should move onto the next movie since its already been a week...or if anyone still intends on discussing this? What do you guys say? Lol.
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Oh gosh I knew I'd be slow on this! I'll try and watch tomorrow cos I have a day of nothing!

Thanks
    I think we can give it a few more days!

Chris mentioned another thing that really bugged me: the very ending! It was just so disgustingly saccharine and cheesey and unbelievable when they gave the house to the girl from the accident. Haha, I don't mean to hate on the film, I really don't. It's not like I can't stomach it, but it just reeks of after-school-special to me.

Like I mentioned, there are things I definitely enjoy about the film. I do like the latter half because I think it's a good progression of the story. I just am finding that little moments of absolute ridiculousness in the film detract from the more genuine moments (for me).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I also think it was great how all the random bits kind of came back around at the end, like the prostitution thing, and the nurse, and the girl from the car accident. I feel like it really tied everything up nicely.
    What was it with the nurse? I don't recall that bit. I liked that too, how they joined things up but overall I agree with Mike! I enjoyed it but it's not something I'd rush to watch again. It just felt quite forced in some ways, especially at the beginning. But I admit I did shed a tear when George died and she went and hugged Sam without a word.

Thanks
    ^it was when George died, and his ex wife was sitting in the hospital room, the nurse came and asked if she needed anything. It was just a small little blip, but i liked that it brought it back around, because she was very caring towards George at first, when he said he had no one, and then the wife was sitting there all alone in a different kind of pain.

I have to say, to an extent, i do agree Mike, i but guess is sort of looked past all the cheesiness. But then, I friggin' love 2001 movies, and this kind of cheese is pretty typical of them lol.

Thanks
    No, I totally do agree that the end in terms of what Sam did with that house was really cheesy, it did give closure to a certain aspect of the film but I think the ending without that would've sufficed, as well.

I thought the whole exchange with the nurse was so sad/beautiful! <333

Im assuming we've exhausted whatever we can for this movie (and I don't suppose anyone else will be watching it/discussing it) so I think it'd be wise for us to move on to the next movie. What do you guys say?

(Chris, since its your pick- would you wanna make the thread? If not, I'd be more than happy to)
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread