+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kelly Clarkson Responds To Bashing From Taylor Swift's Camp

Thanks

Kelly Clarkson Responds To Bashing From Taylor Swift's Camp

From her blog: (http://iamkelly.wordpress.com/)

Wow …..Dear Scott Borchetta,

I understand defending your artist obviously because I have done the same in the past for artists I like, including Taylor, so you might see why its upsetting to read you attacking American Idol for producing simply vocalists that hit ‘the high notes’. Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well. Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable, but throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better. I have been criticized left and right for having shaky performances before (and they were shaky) and what my manager or label executives say to me and the public is “I’ll kick butt next time” or “every performance isn’t going to be perfect” ……I bring this up because you should take a lesson from these people and instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your ‘humble’ opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a breath and realize that sometimes things won’t go according to plan or work out and that’s okay.

Sincerely,

One of those contestants from American Idol who only made it because of her high notes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post:

Angel (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    I already made a post about this in the Grammy thread, here is what Scott Borchetta had said:

Taylor Swift's Label Chief Defends Grammy Performance

The head of Taylor Swift's record label has come to the country singer's defense following her widely panned, off-pitch Grammys performance, which he attributes to a technical problem.

"She is the voice of this generation. She speaks directly to [her fans], and they speak directly back to her," Scott Borchetta, CEO of Big Machine Records, told The Associated Press. "This is not American Idol. This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note. This is about a true artist and writer and communicator. It's not about that technically perfect performance."

“Maybe,” he went on, “she’s not the best technical singer, but she’s probably the best emotional singer because everybody else who gets up there and is technically perfect, people don’t seem to want more of it.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post:

Angel (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    Wow, love Kelly And I used to think Taylor sounded awful almost all the time, but recently she had been sounding great and I was excited. I didn't watch the grammy's performance but I'm you tubing as we speak

Thanks
    Eep, that was painful, poor girl.
    And I now cringe when I hear you belong with me, and that makes me sad as it used to be one of my favoritest songs until they over played it beyond it's death. I mean it died, they dug it up, dusted it off, and put it back on the radio...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IStillLoveJ&B View Post
    Eep, that was painful, poor girl.
    And I now cringe when I hear you belong with me, and that makes me sad as it used to be one of my favoritest songs until they over played it beyond it's death. I mean it died, they dug it up, dusted it off, and put it back on the radio...
    I knowwww I hate that I now despise what used to be some of my favorite songs.

I think that was definitely a low blow but I think that Scott was more trying to do damage control than he was actually trying to insult Idol contestants.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Angel (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    I knowwww I hate that I now despise what used to be some of my favorite songs.

I think that was definitely a low blow but I think that Scott was more trying to do damage control than he was actually trying to insult Idol contestants.
    The thing is...was it really necessary? You didn't see Larry Rudolph crying to the media after the '07 VMA's, it just was what it was- and that was awful. Leave it at that!

And omg at the incredible amount of smoke he's blowing up her ass. Voice of the generation my ASS. Was Kanye's entity transferred into this guy after the VMA fiasco?

Im so sick of everyone treating her like a defenceless young girl, shes a 20 year old WOMAN who can fight her own battles- and if she can't she's clearly in the wrong business (but one can easily deduce that by her inability to hit ANY note, let alone the 'high' ones).

I applaud Kelly <3
    - D A V E -

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Angel (02-05-2010), Diamondback (02-06-2010), Jonny (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The thing is...was it really necessary? You didn't see Larry Rudolph crying to the media after the '07 VMA's, it just was what it was- and that was awful. Leave it at that!

And omg at the incredible amount of smoke he's blowing up her ass. Voice of the generation my ASS. Was Kanye's entity transferred into this guy after the VMA fiasco?

Im so sick of everyone treating her like a defenceless young girl, shes a 20 year old WOMAN who can fight her own battles- and if she can't she's clearly in the wrong business (but one can easily deduce that by her inability to hit ANY note, let alone the 'high' ones).

I applaud Kelly <3
    No, I agree with you! I just meant that I don't think his intention was to insult Kelly or any other Idol contestants, it was just to cover Taylor's ass.

I just think it was also a stupid move on his part because Taylor's main country competition is freaking Carrie Underwood, who not only won American Idol, but performed in the MJ tribute at the Grammys, pitch perfect. Carrie wouldn't come out with any statements like Kelly, but you would think it to be a more direct jab at Carrie than at someone like Kelly. There is already a huge issue with many Carrie fans HATING Taylor's guts. So a statement like this certainly isn't going to help any Carrie fans vs. Taylor fans tension and I don't think it's going to make Carrie or her camp very happy, as they are basically going the 100&#37; anti Taylor route with things by not pop remixing any songs and trying to appeal to traditional country fans while Taylor enters pop world.

Taylor frustrates me so much! I love her songs and think she's such a cool girl most of the time, but there are just so many little things she does or her people do that annoy me!

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Angel (02-05-2010)

+ Reply to Thread