+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apple iPad

Thanks
    LOL at me dissing it and going out and buying one yesterday!
    It's a lot better than I had expected. A lot of the apps coming out for it are ah-mazing. The screen is gorge and browsing is so much more fun, especially when I'm lying on the couch or in bed.
    I'm still getting used to typing on it though.

Thanks
    Anybody get or order the iPad2 yesterday?

Thanks
    Since selling my iPad earlier this year I was eagerly waiting for the iPad2 to come around and I just wasn't impressed enough to buy it. I can usually overlook the "Apple just releases a product every year to keep on cycle and doesn't give a fuck about what the specs are" but this is the only time it has seemed to bother me. Why put it out there with two shitty cameras, shitty RAM, do nothing to improve the OS apart from enabling people to print wirelessly and stream music...? The next gen needs to be a huge step up to compete with other tablets being released and to satisfy consumers so I'm going to (reluctantly) wait.

Lansing, Michigan, United States, 1.06102649422E+14, Lansing, Michigan
    Thanks
    I think the iPad 2 is more of a response to competitors finally coming out on the market that have some of the extra features, like the Motorola Xoom. If you have an original iPad there isn't a big reason to upgrade. The Apple rumor sites have already been talking about a bigger generational upgrade with the iPad 3 around the end of the year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian For This Useful Post:

Scott (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    I'm the odd man out - I got one. I ordered one I should say, it won't be here for another 2 weeks which is extremely annoying. I think the iPad2 is great from what I've seen. I don't have a tablet yet and it seems to have everything I want in one (not to mention it's beautiful).

Thanks
    Oh, it's definitely a magical machine - after having the original and selling it I was totally all for buying this one, but I feel I can wait now

Andrew got one!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Andrew (03-19-2011)

Thanks
    I was totally going to try to hold out and skip the 2nd generation! But, after upgrading to iOS 4, I began to notice a bit of a slowdown in switching/launching apps and the animations weren't quite as fluid as they originally were. After being somewhat let down at the specs of the new one, I began to see reviews and side-by-side comparisons of the original and the new one. Naturally, I knew I had to get it. I sold my original to gazelle.com (after a week of hassling with scammers and lowballers on Craigslist and eBay) and ordered one online since I couldn't make it to the launch at the Apple store.

Anyhoo, I discovered that the Apple stores were getting small, subsequent shipments the following week, so I got in line one morning at 7am, only to find out they'd only received 6 iPads to sell (I was around 20th in line).. The guy said they were getting shipments every day and would be opening at 9am, soooo I went back the next morning and got in line at 6am! I was about 16th in line. They'd gotten less than 20 in this shipment and with two people ahead of me leaving with no iPad (they didn't have AT&T models at all), I got in and found out they had ONE 16GB Black Wifi model left, which is the exact one that I'd ordered online! I totally interrupted the guy when he informed me of this model and said "omg I'll take it!!!" I completely lucked out!!

Anyways, this is entirely too long, but going a week without it, I definitely missed it! This new one is soooo much nicer/easier to hold and it's QUICK! I think you're going to really like it, Nate! Which model are you getting?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Scott (03-20-2011)

Thanks
    I just got the black 16GB WiFi. I don't think I need 3G.. I do almost wish I ordered the 32GB, but I probably won't be saving much on it anyway.

I check my order status daily in hopes of a magical early shipment... still hasn't happened. I want it NOW.

Thanks
    I want an iPad so bad!
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Thanks
    I was thinking that maybe I should've tried for a 32GB one as well. But, I honestly don't save that much on it. Also, if you have an iPhone, you can just do the personal hotspot thing if you really need to get online with it. I hope yours ships soon! Target has been getting random shipments of them in.. people have gotten more lucky finding them there than any other place, Apple stores included.

+ Reply to Thread