+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Thanks

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Does anybody remember this long-running television program with Fred Rogers? I expect that people do, but for those of you who don't, it holds the record for the Second longest-running children's TV show ever, with Sesame Street coming in first. This show aired on PBS from 1968 to 2008 (40 years), usually right alongside Sesame Street. I may have been one of the few people who never really got into this show. I always thought the program was boring, and I remember the puppets were kind of cheesy, and their mouths didn't move and all that. I would see it occasionally, only because it was on with Sesame Street, but that's the only reason why I watched it.

Though the reason why I've made this topic is because, well, you know how so many people have given me negative feedback for liking/watching Sesame Street as an adult? I've actually heard that people usually don't have this problem with Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. In fact, I even had this one online friend who loves Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but has absolutely zero interest in Sesame Street. And like a few people here, this person thought that Sesame Street is strictly a program for preschoolers, and that anybody over the age of 6 should not be watching it. However, he thinks that Mister Rogers' Neighborhood can be watched and enjoyed at any age. I did not agree with this at all, because I always thought the opposite. So...why do you suppose it could be that adults approve of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but NOT Sesame Street?

Lana is offline i'm gonna fight for you tonight. close your eyes. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Thanks
    I vaguely remember watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood as a kid, and I didn't have much interest then. Then again, I was never one for Sesame Street either. Not that Big Bird, Elmo, etc. weren't cute and stuff. I just remember thinking the whole setup of Mr. Rogers' show was odd and weird, especially the train going through the livingroom or something. lol.

Chalk it up to lessons learned
    Miles walked and bridges burned
    Just another memory in the back of my mind
    Lock it up, throw away the key
    Forget the things you promised me
    Just another thing I can't forget
    Just another thing I won't forget

+ Reply to Thread