+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Thanks

Is there REALLY no thread for this yet?!

Just got home from seeing it not too long ago. As always, Cameron does NOT disappoint <333

I found the movie itself to be extremely entertaining and a visual treat (though I will come out and say it: the 3D was done AWFULLY. I found myself taking off the glasses numerous times because of how badly certain things were rendered and put into 'real perspective') not to mention the subtitles were put on in such a way that I honestly felt like I was drunk and ended up with a bit of a headache). I really feel like I need to see it again sans 3D to really absorb the magnitude of the visual effects.

There were obviously flaws and a movie-goer expecting something revolutionarily new in terms of plotline will obviously feel short-changed but taking it for what it is..it really does present a very entertaining 2 and a half hours!

Anyone else seen this or plan on doing so?
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    OMG I just saw this and I loved it. I was reading up on it and apparently Cameron thought that the film needed to be shot at a higher fpm but I thought they did great for what they got. What a great story... he is truly gifted.
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

Thanks
    I saw it and I wasn't expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did. I thought it was absolutely incredible. Every single aspect of Pandora was brought to life with so much detail that it all seemed real. I didn't have problems with the 3d or the text. I only thought that it seemed like they had to cut most of the conversations short because there was so much to get through. I almost think it would have been better plotwise if it had been done as a miniseries. I love that they created an entire new language too. I cried so many times haha.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Kel Guest
    Saw it today and I gotta say that I am very positively surprised. I didn't think I would like that kind of a movie, with alien-kind of creatures. But, I was wrong. It really was a movie worth seeing, though the end got boring (might be because of having already sat there for 2 hours straight).

But damn, gotta say that at the beginning,
    Spoiler:
    when Jake went to those woods for the first time, it got really scary. Those huge creatures got me terrified with their size and speed. It was like a horror movie! I wanted to turn my head away on those parts, haha

Thanks
    I'm going to see this on IMAX (3D!) next week!!! Wooooo!!! I CANNOT waitt!!!

Thanks
    Saw this on IMAX 3D. Woah! It was so amazing. Some parts of the story were a bit stupid, but the visuals were insane.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    It was stunning!!! I was with my mouth half open all the time.. it was a great experience... The level of details is amazing and the character's face expressions is just so cool!!!

I saw the movie in digital 3D too and it was cool, but I have to say they should be careful in some parts cause it doesnt look good, specially in the indoor parts where it looks like there are 100 layers and you get all confused with the subtitles and eveything... it's crazy...

overall 10/10 movie... JUST EXCELLENT!!!

It's a classic, like Star Wars, Jurassic Park and that type of movies...

Thanks
    I just got back from seeing this and LOVED it. Best film I've seen for ages. I saw it in 3D and didn't think there was anything wrong with it, I'd recommend everyone to see it that way. It's visually stunning and I cried at least twice, which in my book is always a sign of a good film. I want to live on Pandora!

Thanks
    I am dying to see this! I'm getting to the point where I just might go see it by myself since I can't find anyone to go with!

Thanks
    Best movie I've seen in ages!

+ Reply to Thread