+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phone advice?

Thanks

Phone advice?

So I've officially had my original EnV for 2 years now and one of my Christmas presents from my parents is a new phone.

I just went to the Verizon store with my dad with the intentions of getting the EnV Touch. Well, apparently with that comes with a mandatory $9.99 a month data plan, and my dad wasn't going for that. I do understand because that's an additional $120 a year, but that's so annoying! It's not a freaking Blackberry or anything. The guy said it's for like Facebook, Twitter, etc. applications. I can text all my updates to those sites now with a regular texting plan anyway!

After that I looked at the Rogue and the Droid, and were informed that they both have mandatory data plans too, GRRR!!!

So the phone I finally settled on was the Chocolate Touch. But they were sold out, of course, and naturally the waiting list is super long.

But I'm a little worried because I've never had a touchscreen phone before. I'm worried it will break easily or have other issues.

Has anyone had this phone or another touch screen phone and have any input?? The reviews online sound really good overall and there's not a lot of butt dialing from what I can tell.

I cant' remember the other phone I was considering but it's so weird but cool... it's like a little square block with a keyboard that flips out from under it. I decided against it because it seemed like more of a novelty phone with a weird shape than an actual high-quality phone. Plus I think the awkward shape/size would be tough to deal with.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I've been thinking of getting an iphone, which is all touch. Ick. I want the ultimate best phone, so I'll settle. Maybe you could check out the HTC Ozone (not a touch screen phone). It looks pretty good for a Verizon phone. http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/htc-oz...-specification

Thanks
    It does look cool but it sort of looks like a palm pilot/Blackberry so I'm wondering if it also comes with a mandatory data plan

Thanks
    Gretch I had the same freaking problem when i was going to get a new phone a few months ago.. but i thought they said the env touch DIDNt have to have the data plan.. hmm.. strange unless it changed. the LG chocolate looks cool I dont think that was out when i got a new phone but i ended up getting the Samsung Intensity which i loveee. I was getting so sick of my enV lol.

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Gretch I had the same freaking problem when i was going to get a new phone a few months ago.. but i thought they said the env touch DIDNt have to have the data plan.. hmm.. strange unless it changed. the LG chocolate looks cool I dont think that was out when i got a new phone but i ended up getting the Samsung Intensity which i loveee. I was getting so sick of my enV lol.
    No, it does require a data plan I was surprised about it too but it says so on the store display which has all the info about its features.

Thanks
    My friend has the enV touch and doesn't have a data plan? Unless they just started it, I think that sales rep was bullshitting you. Most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about.

Personally I hate touchscreen phones that are made by LG. I love my iPod touch, so I know it's not all touchscreens. I had a LG Dare and absolutely hated it. I had an enV before that, and making a switch to a phone without a physical keyboard is terrible. My Dare ended up breaking when I was wasted and in the rain, so I went back to my enV. Then my enV finally broke after 3 years so now I have my friends Voyager which is essentially the same thing. I am getting a new phone in February and I am thinking about getting a Blackberry just because I am going to London for the fall semester next year so I need something international. For you though, I think that you might just want to wait until something comes out that you like. After they get rid of the christmas inventory, I can guarantee tons of phones will be coming out in the next three months.
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

Thanks
    Yeah it's super frustrating because I'm googling information about the EnV Touch and if it needs a data plan and it looks like it never did until a couple months ago!!! I'm not sure if old EnV touches were grandfathered in or what but it looks like new ones activated in like October-November had to get the plan.

But in addition to the sales rep telling me it required one, the little tag listing all the feature below it listed a 9.99 data plan being necessary, so it's not just the sales rep...

So it was really tough going from a full keyboard to a touchscreen Taylor? Ughhh. My dad kept telling me just to get the EnV 3 but I really just don't want the newer version of the same phone. I know that sounds stupid and immature, but I kind of want something new and a little flashier lol.

Thanks
    ^ yeah i had a really hard time gettng a new phone too.. i really wanted the Rouge but it had the stupid data plan aswell.. and i really wanted to get rid of the flip phone keyboard but the enV 3 is a nice phone alot of my friends have that phone.. but i think that was a reason WHY i didnt get it lol and i ended up with the intensity which i love. some poeple say it looks cheap but i just love it.. and i like how it slides rather then flips open too.. but yeah if there isnt a phone that you LOVE then I would deff wait.. cuz there will be new phones coming out in the beginning of the year.

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

Thanks
    Don't all phones have a data plan? I have to pay additional money to have VCast on my phone. I just use it for internet access and to download ringtones.

+ Reply to Thread