+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This whole RATM 'Killing In The Name Of'...

Thanks

This whole RATM 'Killing In The Name Of'...

So I've only recently been filled in on this but BWAHAHAHAHAHAH are people literally dumb enough to fall for that? I mean kudos to them, great marketing!! But I don't understand how any self-respecting/self-proclaimed 'anarchist' (as one of the Rage Against The Machine members put it) would follow through with...or not see the HUGE loophole there is

If you're a bit confused I'd suggest Googling it (I'd post a link but none of the sites I've seen seem to explain it in a way where it stands on its own so you'll have to scope out a few articles).
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    It would be alright if the song was half decent but I think it's crap, lol. I get their point though.

Thanks
    But don't you see the huge flaw in making a point about slamming the current pop scene.....by trying to go to #1?

Its just...*SMH*
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Haha! I don't know the entire story, but are you talking about how they are trying to stop X Factor winners always getting the Christmas no.1? That's what I can understand, it used to be a fun thing waiting to see who'd get the Christmas no.1 but it's been reality show winners for years now!

Thanks
    It IS about them not wanting it to go to an X-Factor winner holding onto #1 but they also mentioned its a campaign against the current pop music scene in general...and then all the usual shit 'hardcore' people love to say about how its all 'manufactured' etc. etc.

So thats my biggest problem with it...theyre trying to criticise pop music....by getting their song to number 1 on the charts?!
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    It's fucking ridiculous. People think they're being original and fighting the system (Simon Cowell) by downloading a song because a facebook group told them to? And the fact that RATM have jumped on the bandwagon is just an absolute joke. Anarchists? As if.

+ Reply to Thread