+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you like at concerts?

Thanks

What are you like at concerts?

I'm always just sitting there/standing and clapping when the song is over. I barely show any enthusiasm. It's not that I get bored, I just prefer to listen to the music and not get all wild. So, what about you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Tiffany~ For This Useful Post:

Chris (12-10-2009)

Thanks
    Depends on the song being sung, really.
    Generally I'm very enthusiastic, and sing along
    I always stand though, you'd look like a right lemon sitting down!
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Im a mess at concerts

It depends on what kind of concert it is, really, but say its a rock show I may or may not be found doing some moshing , if its a pop show I'll be dancing and so forth....and obviously, all this whilst singing along totally off-key and with total disregard for tone!

Sitting is simply not even an option....no, seriously, its not an option because people just don't do that here. I've NEVER seen someone sitting! Most people stand or stand on their chairs

And as embarrassing as it may sound, if its an act I totally love I will definitely go all fangirl on you with screams and 'OHMIGODDDDDDD's everywhere (for reference see ANY fan-filmed concert footage )
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    I'm pretty quiet. I love to just watch the show. I don't dance, or jump around or w/e, my full attention is on the performer, and i just like to take in as much as possible. I sing along to the songs, and sway to the music, but thats about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Arti (12-10-2009)

Thanks
    I generally only see people in concert that I totally adore, so usually at concerts I sing along and dance and usually scream so much that I lose my voice completely.

That being said, I have been to a few shows that I didn't know the performers/music very well and it's a bit more difficult to get as into it when that happens.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Jonny (12-23-2009)

Thanks
    I don't really scream or make loads of noise, I clap obvioulsy and go "Wooo!" a bit and sometimes sing along but other than that I just stand and watch. Big grin on my face the entire time too if it's Britney.

Thanks
    Dance (Standing and sitting down dancing) and sing and try to remember the songs and just enjoy myself...I also tend to scream ALOT, I usually scream before everybody else does which is fun. When I went to Britney I was like the ultimate crazy fan and shouted LUV YOU, think she noticed, it was insane.

I couldn't stand at the Britney concert since A. we were high up and I didn't wanna fall to a premature death and B. I had like two 5 year olds behind me and it would;ve been really insensitive to stand up in front of them, they deserve to see the show. ....but dear god I danced in my seat!

BritneyFanForever

Thanks
    I don't scream or shout or sing along. I leave that to other people and I don't mind how much they do it so long as I can hear the music. It bothers me when it's inappropriate though. Like one time we were at an Alicia Keys show and it was more of a "listening" event because she sang thoughtful material pretty quietly, but there was this young teenage girl near us who kept screaming and screaming at the top of her voice. It seemed like somebody had told her "This is what you do". Eventually the ushers came and told her to shut up.

It also pisses the hell out of me when people suddenly jump up in front of me at a sitting-down concert so I can't see anything. That's just selfishness on a global scale, like "Screw everybody else, I'm gonna have a good time". Last time it happened I told them to sit down or stand somewhere else and get out of my way. There was a huge standing area, so if they wanted to stand, they should have gone there. That's what I usually do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer For This Useful Post:

Chris (12-22-2009)

Thanks
    I definitely have to sing along!!!!!!! I'm with Brett, I basically only go to concerts of people that I really really like and know well... I don't think it's that enjoyable to go to a concert if you don't know the words. If I don't know the singer or band that well when I get tickets, I spend a LOT of time listening to their songs and making sure I know the words to most of the songs before the show. It makes it so much more enjoyable. And hey.... when I saw Chuck Wicks, I was one of the only people who knew all the words to one of his more obscure songs and he came over and sang a verse to me while I sang it back to him!!

And I dance when it's appropriate. Like at Britney, Gwen Stefani, and other shows like that, I don't think I stopped moving once! But at some country shows I go to a lot of the songs aren't conducive to dancing so I don't force it.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

ImpossibleSecret (12-31-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    I definitely have to sing along!!! I basically only go to concerts of people that I really really like and know well... I don't think it's that enjoyable to go to a concert if you don't know the words.
    Me too, I only go to concerts for people I love and I know are worth the money. The biggest example of this is Britney...and also various inspirations to my life I have seen live too.
    I could've gone to Kylie's concert back in 06, but I wasn't completely sure if I liked her or knew any of her songs and though she has grown on me alot. I have become a fan. I don't think her concert would've done anything for me.

I remember at the Britney concert EVERBODY jumped up with Baby One More Time came on and I couldn't really see Britney at all.

BritneyFanForever

+ Reply to Thread