+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alexandra Burke

Thanks

Alexandra Burke

Her album's out next week, so thought she deserved a thread already .

First things first, she is amazing and beautiful and gracious. Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

'Overcome' is an amazing album. One of the best debut (or not, for that matter) albums I've heard in a very long time. Almost every single song is world-class and I'm so happy then went with something upbeat and young rather than a bunch of power ballads. The songs just put a smile on my face and it's nice to hear someone with such a great voice sing no-frills pop songs with personality and variety.

My favorites are All Night Long, Dumb, Bury Me (6 Feet Under), Good Night Good Morning, and You Broke My Heart. I like the sound of Broken Heels but think the subject matter is a little silly.

Dumb for the next single, please!

Anyway - SHARE THE LOVE! If anyone wants to know how to acquire the album, let a brother know.
    Last edited by Samio; 10-17-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
    Samio - my fave music fan / critic! haha

Can you upload the album?
    Cheryl Tweedy is hotness personified!

Thanks
    ^ http://www.thefreshzone.com/showthre...740#post343740

I like this album, although currently none of the tracks are really standing out. I love the RedOne tracks the most. Will post a review later
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

belfastfella (10-17-2009)

Thanks
    Ooh I need to download when I get a chance! I wasn't that keen on Bad Boys at first but it has grown on me!

Thanks
    1) Bad Boys - Great intro to the album. Upbeat and energetic, and an excellent choice for the first single. Does a great job of capturing Alexandra's vocals & personality. Should break the US market without a problem as well. 9/10
    2) Good Night Good Morning - Took a few listens for me to appreciate. I don't think I would like it as much if Ne-Yo weren't included. I think there will be some excellent dance remixes of this if it ever makes a single. I assume this was the song Alex tweeted about; saying how much she loved Stargate. 8/10
    3) The Silence - Reminds me of a variety of 90's ballads. Although I can't really name any off the top of my head. 8/10
    4) All Night Long - I LOVE THE RUNAWAYS Some of my favourite writers/producers. 9/10
    5) Bury Me (6 Feet Under) - I don't get it. It's nice enough, but it doesn't fit in. B-side material IMO. 6/10
    6) Broken Heels - REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING SO MUCH. Just can't put my finger on it. Needless to say, I LOVE IT. 10/10
    7) Dumb - I think this had 'radio smash' all over it? 10/10
    8) Overcome - Seems like the producers just copies their previous work from Kelly Clarkson's "Anytime". Still, despite the lack of originality, I do love it. Should be the (only) ballad single from the album. 9/10
    9) Gotta Go - I feel like the song never really builds up to anything? Probably my least favourite. 5/10
    10) You Broke My Heart - REALLY LOVE IT. Total *singing into a hairbrush looking in the mirror moment*. Great album track, but I think it is diverse enough to be a great single as well. 9/10
    11) Nothing But The Girl - Again, sounds like a throwback to the 90's. This time sort of disco style. LOVE IT. 9/10
    12) They Don't Know - Beautiful song. I love the lyrics. I don't like the way it fades out though, I feel like it's missing the end of the song. 7/10
    13) Hallelujah - Reminds me of Christmas. 10/10 During the festive season, 7/10 any time else!
    14) It's Over - Why was this only a bonus track!? Lately I find myself loving the bonus tracks more than the other album tracks. 10/10

Overall - 8.5/10
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

belfastfella (10-19-2009)

Thanks
    I agree with pretty much everything you said, except for Bury Me. I LOVE THAT TRACK! I think the great thing about it is that it breaks up the album quite nicely... Once you think you've slipped into a routine it comes out of nowhere. I agree that it's totally misplaced and sticks out, but I think it works in the general terms of the album.

Agreed about Good Night Good Morning... I don't think it would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for Neyo. But then again I love almost anything Neyo does, so the song without him would just not work.

My favorite thing about the album is that she manages to sound like a completely different performer on each track but manages to still sound like Alexandra on the album as a whole. I know that sounds weird, but it makes sense in my head, and I love her for producing an album like that.

All Night Long is quickly becoming my favorite. The 'I see the strobbbeeliiiightssss' part is orgasmic.

Thanks
    Fave album track = Dumb!

Thanks
    Broken Heels is the next single. Video is already shot and should be premiering very soon!

''Dumb'' for the following single.

Thanks
    Oh I thought it was going to be The Silence because she performed it on TV. That's a good chocie though, love that song.

+ Reply to Thread