+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sore Throat

Thanks

Sore Throat

Okay so I had a really nasty cold for like 2 weeks. I probably should have gone to health services about it because I had such a terrible dry hacking cough at night and it definitely wasn't good. But I'm pretty much over that now.

But while I had my cold, I would get kind of a sore throat at night. And as the cold went away, the past 4 or so nights the sore throat has been getting worse. It was REALLY sore and uncomfortable last night, and now I've been up for like an hour and it's kind of going away, it's still there but nowhere near as bad as it was last night.

I'm just really bad with sore throats because I've probably had one a total of three times in my whole life. I've never had Strep or even been tested for it.

If I had Strep I would probably be in a LOT more pain and have a fever or something, right?? I'm trying to decide at what point I should consider going to health services. I can't tell if this is something bad or if it's just like, me getting over my cold and stuff.

Any input?? Also what's good for sore throats, as far as over-the-counter stuff? I don't really want to spend a lot on anything, especially if it doesn't end up helping because last week I spent $8 on cough syrup that barely helped.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Honestly, the best thing for a sore throat is some hot tea and honey. It works wonders and is a lot cheaper that most over the counter medicine you can take for it.

My dad's a doctor and whenever I have a sore throat that isn't going to go away with antibiotics (ie, if I have a virus), then he says all I can do is drink tea and gargle with salt water.

But I'd say go to health services, because if it's not a virus they can give you antibiotics to clear it up .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Jonny (10-14-2009)

Thanks
    Apparently Zinc is good, I bought some of that last time I had a cold, also take Echinacea with Goldenseal when you first feel it coming on.

Thanks
    Thanks guys

I'm not sure if it's because it's getting to be late and my coughs/colds/other illnesses always get worse at night, but it realllllly hurts right now. I talked to my mom and she wants me to call health services to make an appointment tomorrow if it's not any better. Because it might take a couple days to get an appointment if they don't think it's urgent.

I've never had a throat culture done before and I'm nervous about it lol I have a really sensitive gag reflex and I haaate gagging.

Thanks
    I woke up today and it's almost GONE!!!! So random Loves it!

+ Reply to Thread